Wiley Mushroom

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, just seeing if I could get some advice. I have a Superman Mushroom smaller than a dime and it detached from its frag plug I’ve glued it again but it’s moving on me. It’s in the darkest corner with the lowest flow possible. I am planning on using a jar with a Clear plastic lid and with a ton of holes in it. My question is will this be too low of flow for the mushroom?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, just seeing if I could get some advice. I have a Superman Mushroom smaller than a dime and it detached from its frag plug I’ve glued it again but it’s moving on me. It’s in the darkest corner with the lowest flow possible. I am planning on using a jar with a Clear plastic lid and with a ton of holes in it. My question is will this be too low of flow for the mushroom?
When you say glued the mushroom did it re attach to rubble before you glued it?
Before I got into shroom condos I used a simple tupperware. Drilled holes through the sides and covered it with food grade netting we get our oranges in...
A low flow spot with some light on some rubble should be sufficient. Just set it and forget it for a cpl weeks and you should be ok.

Can you take a picture of it's? There are all kinds of superman shrooms would be good to know the species.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to mushrooms there’s no way to really make em stay where You want no matter how much glue you use,, if their not happy they will expel slim and move right off frag leaving glue behind and go where they want to be so if it went into dark place with low flow then that’s where it wants to be for now. If it wants more light or flow it will move there itself. At least that’s been my experience

OP
OP
Coral Winslow

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say glued the mushroom did it re attach to rubble before you glued it?
Before I got into shroom condos I used a simple tupperware. Drilled holes through the sides and covered it with food grade netting we get our oranges in...
A low flow spot with some light on some rubble should be sufficient. Just set it and forget it for a cpl weeks and you should be ok.

Can you take a picture of it's? There are all kinds of superman shrooms would be good to know the species.
I’ll try to get some pictures, but it’s a Rhodactis Bullseye Superman.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to get some pictures, but it’s a Rhodactis Bullseye Superman.
Ok your placement should be good while it acclimates to your system.
Keep in mind if your trying to glue the shroom foot directly to a plug or rubble its not going to work. They excrete a slime and will just detach.
Here's a picture of one of my mushroom bowls I made. Nothing fancy and did the trick within a week later.
20201103_082935.jpg

A pic of the shroom attached and in a mushroom condo maybe a cpl weeks later.
20201031_083159.jpg

Put some rubble in and cover with net if you have snails or crabs that can get into bowl.
Let it acclimate and don't bother it.
Once you see it opening up you can put a little sand on the shroom in the bowl. Kinda like burying it but not fully burying it.
You should have no problem getting it to foot for you as long as its healthy.
Just give it time to attach and don't bother it for a cpl weeks.

OP
OP
Coral Winslow

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok your placement should be good while it acclimates to your system.
Keep in mind if your trying to glue the shroom foot directly to a plug or rubble its not going to work. They excrete a slime and will just detach.
Here's a picture of one of my mushroom bowls I made. Nothing fancy and did the trick within a week later.
20201103_082935.jpg

A pic of the shroom attached and in a mushroom condo maybe a cpl weeks later.
20201031_083159.jpg

Put some rubble in and cover with net if you have snails or crabs that can get into bowl.
Let it acclimate and don't bother it.
Once you see it opening up you can put a little sand on the shroom in the bowl. Kinda like burying it but not fully burying it.
You should have no problem getting it to foot for you as long as its healthy.
Just give it time to attach and don't bother it for a cpl weeks.

Awesome thank you. Looks like I’ll be stealing my kids Cuties bag.

OP
OP
Coral Winslow

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to mushrooms there’s no way to really make em stay where You want no matter how much glue you use,, if their not happy they will expel slim and move right off frag leaving glue behind and go where they want to be so if it went into dark place with low flow then that’s where it wants to be for now. If it wants more light or flow it will move there itself. At least that’s been my experience
That’s what I’m finding out. I just thought maybe it was due to the size of this guy. I have an Aussie Fire (half dollar) and a green hairy (baseball) and I just took the frag plug they attached too, cut any part of the plug outside their foot and glued the plug bit to the rock work. This worked fine for the first two, however this Rhody decided he was going to bail after 3 days on the rock. Then I glued him twice to a plug for him to Houdini out again. I don’t want to stress him anymore so I’m trying to get him to attach on his own back in the frag tank.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha cool my wife's save them for me now. You can also find people selling mushroom condos here and just by doing a quick search on Google. They come with covers i just bit the bullet recently because the sizes you can get them in are easier to move around and fit better into spots i want to place them.
Here's a thread where I bought mine.

OP
OP
Coral Winslow

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha cool my wife's save them for me now. You can also find people selling mushroom condos here and just by doing a quick search on Google. They come with covers i just bit the bullet recently because the sizes you can get them in are easier to move around and fit better into spots i want to place them.
Here's a thread where I bought mine.

why the heck didn’t I think of that. My buddy has a 3D printer lair. In the meantime I bet I could just use the Cutie bag or a guacamole Tupperware and drill holes all around. Thanks dude!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why the heck didn’t I think of that. My buddy has a 3D printer lair. In the meantime I bet I could just use the Cutie bag or a guacamole Tupperware and drill holes all around. Thanks dude!
No problem lol.
If your buddy has a printer there's also a thread here on R2R with tons of files you can download and make all kinds of stuff for your reef. Im sure theres a file in it for mushroom holder. Think the thread is called 3D printer archive or something like that.

Happy reefing

OP
OP
Coral Winslow

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem lol.
If your buddy has a printer there's also a thread here on R2R with tons of files you can download and make all kinds of stuff for your reef. Im sure theres a file in it for mushroom holder. Think the thread is called 3D printer archive or something like that.

Happy reefing
Most helpful thanks !

Back