Will a 4 inch melanurus wrasse get along in this set up?

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$75 wasted and a wrasse to the graveyard. I wonder which is worse :thinking-face: Most burrowing wrasses need fine sand. It sounds like the poor thing got its fins chewed off because it couldn't completely burrow in to substrate.

"The wrasse is 80% submerged in the crushed coral"

Picasso triggers are some mean SOBs. I had one 3 inches long that would defend nori against a large purple tang, naso and a much larger niger trigger and all other fish. They remind of Pitbull's. Awesome pets that do not play well with others.
It cant be the crushed coral he would have scratches? Not a single scratch, all fins were perfectly fine just a missing tail, when i took it out and it was foating the picasso seemed to be triggered by it and it did like a little dance

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It cant be the crushed coral he would have scratches? Not a single scratch, all fins were perfectly fine just a missing tail, when i took it out and it was foating the picasso seemed to be triggered by it and it did like a little dance
It tried to burrow and its tail was sticking out which is an assumption on my part so maybe I'm mistaken. When you said it was 80% burrowed I assumed its tail was sticking out as they go in head first.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It tried to burrow and its tail was sticking out which is an assumption on my part so maybe I'm mistaken. When you said it was 80% burrowed I assumed its tail was sticking out as they go in head first.
Thats correct I had a melanarus before too with crushed coral and it did just fine, he only coexisted with a yellow tang

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALSO, how can crushed coral destroy its tail and 'flesh' within 6-7 hours?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry. The tangs and fox face does not bother the wrasse. It is the trigger. Fin rot disease does not cause problem that fast. The trigger just takes chunks out of the fish is what happened to your wrasse. Can’t hide in crevice from the trigger.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse is a fighter hes still alive in a 55 how should i treat him? I got copper

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've never dealt with anything like this on reef fish. Freshwater fish I'd add some Stress Coat and some aquarium salt. Copper might be a little agressive if he's already injured. If he's not showing signs of infection or parasites.... Hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back