Will a biocube work for a quarantine tank?

Sludgysnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't setup my first saltwater tank yet (29 gallon bow front). Someone is selling a 14 gallon biocube pretty cheap. I thought the aio might be easy for simplicity's sake. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's technically overkill and it makes it a bit tougher to disinfect than a regular tank, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. The "tank" portion of a QT doesn't really matter, so long as you can observe the animals well and it's appropriately sized for the inhabitant.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 32g biocube as the observation after qt. As a qt you may medicate, it may be harder to clean, but you can do it. Agree with stated above.

OP
OP
S

Sludgysnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's technically overkill and it makes it a bit tougher to disinfect than a regular tank, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. The "tank" portion of a QT doesn't really matter, so long as you can observe the animals well and it's appropriately sized for the inhabitant.

That makes sense, and probably just a simple 10 gallon would be better after that explanation. I think I was just trying to talk myself into buying it lol.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly the tank I use for fish QT. I’m not one to sanitize between fish. I keep mine running all the time and it has done a wonderful job for me.
It’s the first tank I set up when I started in the hobby in 2010 and it’s still going strong.

Back