Will a female calm male blue throat trigger aggression?

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4-5” male blue throat trigger that has gotten very aggressive with our smaller fish. He’s the most likely suspect in the death of a Randall’s anthias and I’ve seen him brutally go after our watchman goby and yellow coris wrasse. Some of our other anthias are starting to have some damage done to them and we’ve decided to part with our trigger. He’s been challenging to get out of our 150g so I was wondering if there’s any possibility adding a female might redirect his attention? We can’t continue to have him injure fish and I definitely don’t want two murderers on my hands. I’ll continue to attempt to catch him unless there’s a good chance she can calm him down. He is also very well fed with lrs reef frenzy and nori so I don’t think that is the problem. Thanks!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely needs a bigger tank more than anything. Often these aggressive behaviors are due to stress A female is unlikely to make any difference and in fact may become the new target of the bully.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That would be a gamble. . . as each fish has their own behavior cycle

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the responses! That makes a lot of sense. He will be finding a new home!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back