Will a royal gramma eat Berghia Nudibranch ?

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a royal gramma eat Berghia Nudibranch ? The only other fish in the tank is a pj cardinal and some snails looking to rid my aiptasia for about 5 small ones would 3 nudis suffice for a 30g long 3ft ?

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is likely.
Ahhh that’s sucks I thought it was just the dotty
That does that I have a true gamma. :/ guessing a chemical approach is the only way which sucks I have lps so peppermint is out the question

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn't... in fact, nothing has that I've seen here. The Six Line inspected one once but didn't take a taste.
No wrasses in the tank so that’s a plus looking for a more natural approach than chemical got aiptasia that what hiding under a monti cap and slowly spread it’s not severe at all apart from the large one that’s irritating my purple Goni got about 5 in total I can see but there’s probably more lurking

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wrasses in the tank so that’s a plus looking for a more natural approach than chemical got aiptasia that what hiding under a monti cap and slowly spread it’s not severe at all apart from the large one that’s irritating my purple Goni got about 5 in total I can see but there’s probably more lurking
Turn the pumps off and gently place the nudibranch near the aiptasia. Not ON it, NEAR it. Once they are happily on the rocks you can turn the pumps back on.

newbie2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
………. I have lps so peppermint is out the question
Interesting observation. For the last six years or so I always have true Peppermint shrimps in my tank, and none of them touch my colonies of hammer, trumpets, torches and chalices. Well, not that I have seen anyways.

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation. For the last six years or so I always have true Peppermint shrimps in my tank, and none of them touch my colonies of hammer, trumpets, torches and chalices. Well, not that I have seen anyways.
Interesting I only have acans, a large Duncan and trachys rest is sps

newbie2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a colony of acan, but it got taken over by a spreading GSP colony.

At any rate, because of my “luck”, I swear by peppermint shrimps for aiptasia control. Natural, cheap and effective.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a royal gramma eat Berghia Nudibranch ? The only other fish in the tank is a pj cardinal and some snails looking to rid my aiptasia for about 5 small ones would 3 nudis suffice for a 30g long 3ft ?
Your good

It’s certain types of wrasses that will eat the nudis

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got you covered

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my court jester got fat and happy from the nudis. I put three orders in, one after the other, not a nudi to be found. Astapia growing larger and more of them. I ended up gluing each one in.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I started my thread about micro brittle stars eating Nudis figured I’d post this for you since you didn’t find it yourself and a link to my thread
953F3E6D-B292-448D-BBD8-0105D5A18EDB.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back