Will BRS Now Charge Subscription for Neptune Apex Fusion?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With BRS acquiring Neptune Systems, do you think they will start charging monthly/annual subscriptions to Neptune Apex Fusion for dashboard cloud access? Sure they will be looking for new revenue streams. If so, curios what the value proposition will be?

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how many people will keep their APEX then because cost of subscription is cheaper than a new system.

But also wonder how many people will switch because the change leaves a bad taste in their mouth.

I think they will do a cost analysis and decide :x

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone delete this before they get ideas!
stop it no more GIF

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone delete this before they get ideas!
stop it no more GIF
Too late - I’m sure they have already thought of this and other revenue streams - Already part of the acquisition plan.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought into the apex system. I now wish I would've waited to see how everything turns out. Hopefully BRS is as honest and trustworthy of a company as they tell us they are in their youtube videos. IME if a company has to tell you how honest and trustworthy they are then it's usually not true, hopefully that is not the case with them.

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how many people will keep their APEX then because cost of subscription is cheaper than a new system.

But also wonder how many people will switch because the change leaves a bad taste in their mouth.

I think they will do a cost analysis and decide :x
I would probably switch just because I'm always looking for an excuse to try something new. I like a lot of what some of their competitors are offering and it would probably give me the push I need.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speculation isn't always productive as we're persecuting brs for something they may have not even considered which is unfair.
i think it'd be fairly safe to say nobody here would be onboard for a subscription service for something that doesn't merit it.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a fair question. Every good business has a subscription model component if it isn't the core revenue model. No self respecting private equity firm will take a pass on a subscription model. Just surprised Neptune never did it. They started down the road with Trident (reagents), but Fusion has a ton more value IMO.

It'll start around $59 a year and creep up from there, so we have plenty of time to make well considered decisions. I spend about that on salt every MONTH.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speculation isn't always productive as we're persecuting brs for something they may have not even considered which is unfair.
i think it'd be fairly safe to say nobody here would be onboard for a subscription service for something that doesn't merit it.
I don’t think that we persecuting BRS just discussing what might come next. BRS is running a business and going to do what’s in their best interest no matter what we say here.

If they are thinking about a subscription model for Apex, then maybe they can follow the Amazon Prime model and offer great value for that subscription. Besides Apex dashboard data, Maybe BRS subscription model could also include free ship, 10% discount on every order, and access to premium video content.

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with most of what you say; however, powerful investment groups such as Bertram explore every market available option for future revenue BEFORE investing. I personally believe the subscription service would have been thoroughly discussed. It would be a hard to sell for a service that's been free for it's life thus far, especially at the current price point of the equipment. Just my $0.02

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will they open the Apex backup for other vendors products to be controlled? Allow other companies to utilize the Apex API calls, expand their partnership with other companies. I am not holding my breath that it will happen, but since BRS now manages the APEX, it would probably be in their best interest to open the device up for other vendors to integrate with.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will they open the Apex backup for other vendors products to be controlled? Allow other companies to utilize the Apex API calls, expand their partnership with other companies. I am not holding my breath that it will happen, but since BRS now manages the APEX, it would probably be in their best interest to open the device up for other vendors to integrate with.
Great idea! Hope BRS reads this and incorporates. Might even be willing to pay for this…

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fun to watch when all you gadget heads forget to renew your Apex subscription. I can see it now Randy/Ryan sitting behind their keyboard and with one click locking up all your tanks.

For the life of me I can not figure out why anyone would have their return pump rely on some silly little computer box, (made in China) with a million different failure points. You gadget boys might want to consider having a tried and trusted Iwaki hiding in the closet.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back