Will F-Aiptasia kill pest mushrooms?

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will F-Aiptasia kill pest mushrooms? These things are killing some of my sps and are more of a pest than Aiptasia. They are indestructible, I've tried everything to kill them but they just keep coming back.

If F-Aiptasia will kill them, can it be shipped to the UK?

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say unlikely - I've used Joe's Juice with no affect. Same goes for hydrogen peroxide & super glue. You'd do better cutting/scraping the shrooms off manually (just don't do it while the rock is in your display tank...)

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will F-Aiptasia kill pest mushrooms? These things are killing some of my sps and are more of a pest than Aiptasia. They are indestructible, I've tried everything to kill them but they just keep coming back.

If F-Aiptasia will kill them, can it be shipped to the UK?
You can use Kalkwasser. Just mix a bit of it with very very little tank water and make it into a paste

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will only kill if you drop it on a coral. Won’t kill due to it just being in water.

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say unlikely - I've used Joe's Juice with no affect. Same goes for hydrogen peroxide & super glue. You'd do better cutting/scraping the shrooms off manually (just don't do it while the rock is in your display tank...)
That is the problem the mushrooms are on foundation rocks that I cant remove and killing sps

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the problem the mushrooms are on foundation rocks that I cant remove and killing sps
Yea, thats a rough situation - I'd recommend then just doing the dirty work with your pumps off and then do an immediate large water change. Try to vacuum out the guts from the shrooms or just push them away from any corals so it doesn't end up resting on any. I've done it before and not had problems.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very good when I use it. You must completely cover the mushroom, wait a day, siphon out the goo. If there is any tissue remaining the mushroom will come back.

I also recently tried vinegar on some very small mushrooms and they did detach from the rock for easy siphoning.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back