Will GFO clump in reactor if I close it overnight?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will GFO clump in the reactor if I close the flow for it overnight? Basically it will be sitting in water without any movement. No water will be running through it but it will stay submerged in the water that’s already in the reactor.

The reason why I’m wanting to do this is because it is bringing my phosphates to very low levels despite me using half the recommended amount. I want to know if I should just toss out the cup of GFO in the reactor or if I can still use it in the future?

It’s only a cup, so not too much. :)

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will GFO clump in the reactor if I close the flow for it overnight? Basically it will be sitting in water without any movement. No water will be running through it but it will stay submerged in the water that’s already in the reactor.

The reason why I’m wanting to do this is because it is bringing my phosphates to very low levels despite me using half the recommended amount. I want to know if I should just toss out the cup of GFO in the reactor or if I can still use it in the future?

It’s only a cup, so not too much. :)
I mean technically no as even when you turn it back on, it needs a low tumble so essentially it’ll break any pieces up if it were to “clump” but I don’t think it’ll stick together.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back