Will HP (3:1 Tank Water:3% Peroxide) cause zoas to expell zoox?

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of days ago I dipped two zoa frags into a peroxide mix to situate some algae, that worked wonders, since then I've had one polyp look like its melting and then this morning both frags were expelling zooxanthelle, is this because the dip weakened them temporarily or should I re-situate my lighting.

5 mins then rodi bath after for both the dips

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. Zoas seem to be very tolerant of H2O2.
It might have been the RODI dip though, but I don't have experience dipping my coral in freshwater. I use fresh SW or tank water to mix whatever I dip with (Bayer, H2O2, etc)

OP
OP
G

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. Zoas seem to be very tolerant of H2O2.
It might have been the RODI dip though, but I don't have experience dipping my coral in freshwater. I use fresh SW or tank water to mix whatever I dip with (Bayer, H2O2, etc)
yeah, totally makes sense. Did so much water changing and re fragging that day I honestly cant remember. I cant seem to find anything on whether after they expel their zoox if its better to leave them where they are or as far out of lighting as possible to encourage they regain some

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, totally makes sense. Did so much water changing and re fragging that day I honestly cant remember. I cant seem to find anything on whether after they expel their zoox if its better to leave them where they are or as far out of lighting as possible to encourage they regain some
Were they in your tank before in the same spot they are in now? If so, the lighting is probably ok, but it won't hurt to move them to a little lower light either.
Good luck

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back