Will I regret using dark sand/gravel bottom?

Onewolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on putting together our first saltwater aquarium (mixed reef). I love the way dark bottom aquariums look and I am considering using Seachem "Gray Coast" for the sand/substrate. Supposedly Gray Coast is non-magnetic. What are some potential issues I may not be aware of with the dark bottom?

Thanks.

Here's a gorgeous example of a tank with Seachem Gray Coast:

462515653_LBRka-L.jpg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on putting together our first saltwater aquarium (mixed reef). I love the way dark bottom aquariums look and I am considering using Seachem "Gray Coast" for the sand/substrate. Supposedly Gray Coast is non-magnetic. What are some potential issues I may not be aware of with the dark bottom?

Thanks.

Here's a gorgeous example of a tank with Seachem Gray Coast:

462515653_LBRka-L.jpg

i think darker sand looks great in some tanks. I think the obvious issue is that it can show detritus more than lighter sand.......i learned this in my planted tanks.

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s nice to see @madweazl ’s review as I ha e always liked the look of dark sand. I have only tried it once, years ago. I had all kinds of issues with the tank and my snails did not like crossing the sand... they would flip over to avoid it. It was really weird. Glad to see a company out there might have a solid dark sand option.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back