Will it make it? Will it get better?

NewestToTheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this favia 2 months ago and found an Aiptasia on it. (Under the white spot) it was in the skeleton so didn't want to risk more problems trying to dig it out. Will it get better. What sould i do with it. New to corals so not sure what to do now.

20210728_192321.jpg

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have a favia that accidentally got light burn on half it's side. They'll survive, surprisingly hardy coral. I would feed like others have suggested. Mine love Polyp booser or reef roids

OP
OP
NewestToTheReef

NewestToTheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have 2 heads, the one I can see looks healthy. Maybe you should feed it, try reef roids.
I have been feeding it twice a week reef roids. This pic was shortly after getting it. i noticed it was way worse after vacation a week ago and that's when i found the Aiptasia and glued over it. It has receded back quite a bit on the one head. The other head looks great.

Attachments

• 20210707_143334.jpg
    20210707_143334.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
NewestToTheReef

NewestToTheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have a favia that accidentally got light burn on half it's side. They'll survive, surprisingly hardy coral. I would feed like others have suggested. Mine love Polyp booser or reef roids
I will keep feeding it and hope for the best. Didn't know if i should dip or something to help thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back