Will it truly ever go away? Dinoflagellates vs. Metronidazole

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO let this thread rest or folks will start trying this again. (folks, please don't)

Plus even I have a better scope thread than this (you both know I'm kidding).

In seriousness, if you haven't already seen it @jason2459 has a much MUCH MUCH MUCH better scope thread than this:
Our tank's biology up close.

To your question, I'm pretty sure you'd want to filter your sample to concentrate it vs shaking it up and maximally distributing it. I'm not sure how one would go about it though.

OP
OP
jason2459

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope people read through and see the metro was a good temporary relief but not 100% or permanent.

I am currently using an accuscope exc350 with 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, and 100x plan and all dry objectives. I've also made a darkfield stop and looking to use other methods too.

The pictures in this thread were from an Omax which is a good budget scope.

For most all samples I just use a 3ml pipette. I suck stuff up and keep it with the tip down and gently swirl to force as much to the tip as possible. Then drip one or two drops onto the slide. Sometimes let a little out on a towel first if it doesn't look to have much or anything there before the "bulk" comes out.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most all samples I just use a 3ml pipette. I suck stuff up and keep it with the tip down and gently swirl to force as much to the tip as possible. Then drip one or two drops onto the slide. Sometimes let a little out on a towel first if it doesn't look to have much or anything there before the "bulk" comes out.
Thanks Jason. I don't have a whole lot to sample other than some funny looking cyano (which I'm not at all complaining about) but I think I need to mash up my samples more to get a better result :).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back