Will LA honor the Arrive Alive guarantee ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all about expert designation on some fish. I ordered a Regal Angel from LA and made arrangements with my mother to be at my house and receive and acclimate the fish.She is way more than capable of doing this. Fedex delivered the fish at 12 noon. She opened the bag and the fish was dead. She took the picture with her phone with the fish on a white background. When I got home at 6 pm I sent in the claim. They say claim needs to be submitted the same day. Should this be could be considered same day or are they going to try a skip out?

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been really good with my DOA. So, email them about your situation, someone should be able to help you out.
There was 1 time I filed a clam, i haven't hear back with a email conformation for a long time. I email them asking if it was approved or not, they email me back said they never got it in their system but if i can show a Dead coral picture with time stamp within (14 Days), they will honor it. Which they did honor it after i showed them.

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had two claims, which was very sad for the fish and clam. Both were honored without any issue. I technically did the clam under 7 Day guarantee because it wasn’t completely dead and I tried to revive it (shipment delayed by a day ). Anyway, they’ve always been very reasonable.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
All good. They’re excellent when it comes to claims/credits

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chris Spaulding Good morning, Thank you for your order. We are sorry to hear of the loss of your Regal Angelfish.
We are not sure what steps were done yesterday, however these are our recommendations:
Upon receipt, if the animal appears lethargic, or not moving in what would appear to be a deep sleep, we recommend temperature acclimating the animal prior to water chemistry acclimation. Immediately float the unopened/sealed shipping bag in the quarantine aquarium for a minimum of 30 minutes. This first step is critical to match the temperature of the shipping bag water with the temperature of the quarantine aquarium water. From there, open the shipping bags and begin the water chemistry acclimation process. We have found that often time, the animal will revive when these procedures are followed. I see a claim in queue from you that was submitted at 7:10pm. Our CS representative will process the credit today. You will receive an email notification once completed. Thank you for filing the claim on the day of arrival, for Expert Only, Have a nice weekend, Chris! We look forward to working with you in the future.

OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for getting back here. All steps were followed and I filled a claim last night and the followed up this morning. The customer rep was VERY good and things are being taken care of. Once again thank you for customer service and when the credit is received we will try again and hope things go well.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Chris Spaulding You are welcome! Glad we were able to get your questions answered. I see one of our team members is processing your claim as we speak! Let us know if you need any further assistance.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back