Will my 2nd floor be able to hold the weight of my Red Sea reefer 350 aquarium G2?

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello R2R.
I am unsure if my floor will be able to hold the weight of my aquarium when water and rocks in added into it. I can for example make the table next to the aquarium shake if I put all my weight into my legs and I don't weight that much.
the house is pretty old as well.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello R2R.
I am unsure if my floor will be able to hold the weight of my aquarium when water and rocks in added into it. I can for example make the table next to the aquarium shake if I put all my weight into my legs and I don't weight that much.
the house is pretty old as well.
uh... maybe? ask a contractor/structural engineer or something, we have no information on your house at all, and you should check with a professional who can inspect all relevant material before putting a home destroying amount of water on a floor you're not sure of.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not an engineer, but I had my RSR350 on my first floor with a basement underneath. I did put it on a supporting wall with the floor joist running perpendicular to the tank.

I luckily work for a utility and have several engineers here. I had asked one about it, and he said it was perfectly fine. But I am assuming every case is different.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back