Will my anemone crab find my anemone?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a healthy purple long tentacle anemone in my tank and I was told that they can host anemone crabs. I was stoked to find one this weekend at my LFS. Drip acclimated for quite some time and put him in. He walked around a bit and he went the complete opposite direction of my anemone… This morning I don’t see him anywhere so I assume it is hiding in or under the rocks.

What are the chances it will find its way to the anemone on its on if it didn’t see it when it was added to the tank?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a healthy purple long tentacle anemone in my tank and I was told that they can host anemone crabs. I was stoked to find one this weekend at my LFS. Drip acclimated for quite some time and put him in. He walked around a bit and he went the complete opposite direction of my anemone… This morning I don’t see him anywhere so I assume it is hiding in or under the rocks.

What are the chances it will find its way to the anemone on its on if it didn’t see it when it was added to the tank?
very easily. Needs time to get confortable though, give it a little while

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very easily. Needs time to get confortable though, give it a little while
Haven’t even seen him since added on Sunday. Hopefully he is still alive in there somewhere snacking on passing food…

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm thats not good, take very good look around the tank, maybe try later at night too.
Was a pretty good size so I don’t think he became a snack… I’ve been looking, but no idea where it is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back