Will my female and male blue throat triggers pIr up?

Scorchx1245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a supposed pair of BTTs and they are happily swimming, eating, etc....still skidding but they're only a week n half in my tank. Qurstion is the female is already 5 inches while the male is 3.5 inches. The female likes to push the male around a bit but nothing serious but the male is reluctant to join her. Will they ever pair up? I wish the sizes were different lol

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, maybe not; how big is the tank they are in and what other fish are in there. Tank dynamics may have a play in this as well. My experience is I got a male and female, they were of similar size but not a bonded pair. I kept them together, just the 2 them in a 40B. They bonded and were released into a 210g as a bonded pair. I've had fish buddies do this similar routine with good results. Sometimes when released as an unbonded pair into an active display it's like a 50/50 shot. So then a couple years later, the male jumped(I guess he tired of her nagging), just kidding, no I left the feeding open and he and the pink tail used to get into it. I added another male, and although they hung occasionally, they really never bonded.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, maybe not; how big is the tank they are in and what other fish are in there. Tank dynamics may have a play in this as well. My experience is I got a male and female, they were of similar size but not a bonded pair. I kept them together, just the 2 them in a 40B. They bonded and were released into a 210g as a bonded pair. I've had fish buddies do this similar routine with good results. Sometimes when released as an unbonded pair into an active display it's like a 50/50 shot. So then a couple years later, the male jumped(I guess he tired of her nagging), just kidding, no I left the feeding open and he and the pink tail used to get into it. I added another male, and although they hung occasionally, they really never bonded.
I agree with tired of listening to her
Constant nagging .

OP
OP
Scorchx1245

Scorchx1245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine really active, the male always like goes sideways when female swims buy. And keeps his side to her. I made sure I had a screen top to prevent an early divorce lol.im hoping they hide together lol maybe he's just a side piece.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back