Will my hippo tang be ok in my 15 gallon temporarily tomorrow afternoon

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 15 gallon I were to go change my filter media and I accidentally dropped all of the waste inside of my tank and my hippo tang fell to the bottom into the side and wasn’t moving so I ended up putting it in my 15 gallon reef tank just for tomorrow afternoon (Bc I have school) until my tank clears all up just to be safe and I was wondering if that will be alright I’ll attach pictures

image.jpg image.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will but both tanks need more rock for fish to hide and feel comfortable.

I would do a water change on the tank you dropped the waste into.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Large diameter PVC short pipe lengths can be used as resting and/or hiding places for your fish while you wait for your live rock. Make sure that they're clean, new, and have no traces of chemicals on them if you plan to use them for this purpose, though.

Or you could simply turn out the lights to lessen the stress on the fish.

OP
OP
spoons

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to change some water on the big tank.
The thing is I would but literally right before that happend I did a 25% water change so I don’t really want to take any more cycled water out

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is I would but literally right before that happend I did a 25% water change so I don’t really want to take any more cycled water out
Comparatively few nitrifying bacteria live in the water column; they're in your rocks and substrate. People here do 50% or 100% water changes quite frequently, and I've never heard of fish loss from this yet. If you want to be especially careful and avoid disturbing the substrate, you can pour new water onto a plate or tray so that it doesn't stir up a whole bunch of detritus on the way down.

OP
OP
spoons

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comparatively few nitrifying bacteria live in the water column; they're in your rocks and substrate. People here do 50% or 100% water changes quite frequently, and I've never heard of fish loss from this yet. If you want to be especially careful and avoid disturbing the substrate, you can pour new water onto a plate or tray so that it doesn't stir up a whole bunch of detritus on the way down.
Thank you for the awesome tip

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back