Will my lone hitchhiker Zoanthid become a colony?

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it could be a small rock flower anemone to me. If it’s a rock flower, I’m pretty sure it will not split. They spawn.

Is the rock live rock from Florida? One of my live rock batches (gulf live rock) came with two very small rock flower anemones.

OP
OP
Philler

Philler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it could be a small rock flower anemone to me. If it’s a rock flower, I’m pretty sure it will not split. They spawn.

Is the rock live rock from Florida? One of my live rock batches (gulf live rock) came with two very small rock flower anemones.
Not sure, it was in a frag tank at a LFS, ill head over there on my next day off to investigate. It originally came with 2 toadstools, a "cool spongeish thing" (later potentially identified as a tunicate), and a tiny zoanthid (or at least I thought)?
..... that was February 11 ... this is over 3 months with ideal tank conditions without any colonization...

OP
OP
Philler

Philler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or pull it out if you can. You can also mix a paste of kalkwasser and RO water and kill it with that.
One last prayer... anyone have knowledge that this is NOT a majano... speak now or forever hold your peace. :(
Here's an open and closed shot
20210516_180603.jpg
20210516_161847.jpg

It was his final meal, 2 whole mysis shrimps to the dome... unless I start a tiny nano full-on em lol

Back