Will my skimmer skim out Copepods?

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a 25 gal tank and just added an 8 oz bottle of copepods to (try) and feed the 2 spot goby I have, I added the copepods directly to my display tank but I have a skimmer running in the back chamber of my tank. Will this skimmer take out the pods in the tank?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a 25 gal tank and just added an 8 oz bottle of copepods to (try) and feed the 2 spot goby I have, I added the copepods directly to my display tank but I have a skimmer running in the back chamber of my tank. Will this skimmer take out the pods in the tank?
I've never found that to be the case, but without knowing which skimmer you are using can't give a definitive answer. BTW, two spots are a favorite of mine and do well with target feeding frozen and dry flake and pellets. - cheaper than a bottle of pods unless you are trying to start a colony.

OP
OP
Chris_Noles

Chris_Noles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never found that to be the case, but without knowing which skimmer you are using can't give a definitive answer. BTW, two spots are a favorite of mine and do well with target feeding frozen and dry flake and pellets. - cheaper than a bottle of pods unless you are trying to start a colony.
I'm using the IM Nano Skimmer and what frozen and pellets are you feeding them? I'm just grinding up some Saki-Hikari carnivore pellets with some mysis, I also am going to try to see if he will eat some reef roids because I have seen people use that to feed them.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
some pods will become victims to the machines on your tank, I don't worry about it since it will minimal
LordofCinder is spot on. You will likely not notice a population decline from your skimmer and I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure the pods have a good food supply so you will have enough that the goby or skimmer don't make a dent in :p

Back