Will Peppermint Shrimp Get Along With Sexy Shrimp?

ChrisP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having problems getting an answer to this question. I have a 5 gallon reef and an increasing number of aiptasia. If I add a peppermint shrimp will it get along with my two sexy shrimp?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having problems getting an answer to this question. I have a 5 gallon reef and an increasing number of aiptasia. If I add a peppermint shrimp will it get along with my two sexy shrimp?
are you not wanting to try something like F-aiptasia?

I'd defer to others due to your nano size. My peppermints seem aggressive towards food, but they coexist with skunk cleaner shrimp (each type seems to stay at either ends of my 180g. No guarantee the particular peppermint will help control the aiptasia. Understand your concern though... it's why I got peppermint shrimp!

OP
OP
C

ChrisP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you not wanting to try something like F-aiptasia?

I'd defer to others due to your nano size. My peppermints seem aggressive towards food, but they coexist with skunk cleaner shrimp (each type seems to stay at either ends of my 180g. No guarantee the particular peppermint will help control the aiptasia. Understand your concern though... it's why I got peppermint shrimp!
Thanks so much for your reply. I've tried Aiptasia X which seemed to multiply the aiptasia. I've tried Aiptasia F but I'm concerned about it killing my zoas since sometimes the flow from the needle isn't easy to control and the little reef looks like a winter wonderland!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for your reply. I've tried Aiptasia X which seemed to multiply the aiptasia. I've tried Aiptasia F but I'm concerned about it killing my zoas since sometimes the flow from the needle isn't easy to control and the little reef looks like a winter wonderland!
BRS has video where they even recommend getting putty to just cover/smother everything. After x weeks, then remove. Haven't tried it, and its been a while since I watched video, but if you want to go that route just watch their aiptasia video

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back