Will Tailspot Blenny be ok in my tank?

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 gallon Evo and I have been dealing with a little bit of a hair algae issue and been looking into fish that will eat some of the algae. I have a clown fish, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp and a wheeler goby. I wanted to see if anyone has had a wheeler goby and a tailspot blenny in the same tank and if they got along.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13.5 gallon Evo and I have been dealing with a little bit of a hair algae issue and been looking into fish that will eat some of the algae. I have a clown fish, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp and a wheeler goby. I wanted to see if anyone has had a wheeler goby and a tailspot blenny in the same tank and if they got along.
Tail spot is great for algae.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add the Blenny to your tank and how did it do with the Goby? I have two gobies in a 30 and wanted to add a Blenny to help with GHA, just wondering what your experience was.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add the Blenny to your tank and how did it do with the Goby? I have two gobies in a 30 and wanted to add a Blenny to help with GHA, just wondering what your experience was.
Yes I ended up getting the Blenny. They have been great together. My blenny sits up in hole in the rock and my Goby stays at the bottom. They are literally right next to each other sometimes and don’t even pay attention to each other.

Attachments

• 22DFE8DD-A35B-477B-B752-3A3E27E3DDDA.jpeg
    22DFE8DD-A35B-477B-B752-3A3E27E3DDDA.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 73

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I ended up getting the Blenny. They have been great together. My blenny sits up in hole in the rock and my Goby stays at the bottom. They are literally right next to each other sometimes and don’t even pay attention to each other.
Did he help with the hair algae at all?

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did he help with the hair algae at all?
Yea he helped but to be honest my rock star for hair algae were my Pitho Crab and Ninja Star snail. The Blenny picked at it and keeps my rock clean now. I have not seen any hair algae since this combination was put in tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back