Will the attached ICP readings have significant affect on coral growth or bring about STN? I attached two readings one from 2/16 and 5/21.

AeldariDrukhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any affects on the corals but then again I placed them in the tank last week. I have about 13 - 1/2" LPS frags 4 - 1/2" SPS frags (Monti & Bird'snest) and 4 - zoa colonies. I dose Red Sea Reef Foundation ABC , Red Sea Trace elements ABCD, and Red Sea AB+ all for a 25gallon AIO. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

shared-widget-1590199261706.jpeg shared-widget-1590700013666.jpeg

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I would stop the ABC dosing. Calcium is starting to push 2x NSW. Magnesium is also getting high. Salinity is super high. I would assume alk is as well.

Do you manually test for cal, alk and mag at home? You need to be. You’re overdosing at a considerable rate and or mixing your salt at a high concentration. Do you use a float or refractometer?

13 1/2 inch frags shouldn’t have significant demand . You may not even need to dose at all if you’re doing water changes.

OP
OP
AeldariDrukhari

AeldariDrukhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I would stop the ABC dosing. Calcium is starting to push 2x NSW. Magnesium is also getting high. Salinity is super high. I would assume alk is as well.

Do you manually test for cal, alk and mag at home? You need to be. You’re overdosing at a considerable rate and or mixing your salt at a high concentration. Do you use a float or refractometer? I do have a lot for reading Cal, May and All, but my last home test was

13 1/2 inch frags shouldn’t have significant demand . You may not even need to dose at all if you’re doing water changes.
Yes I plan on stopping the dosing on everything, and doing a significant water change to lower the salinity and bring some of the elements down. I also use a digital refractometer, but I have to calibrate it I think. The corals seem alright everything seems open, but things could change in an instant.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aluminum is getting pretty high. If leathers or other soft corals begin to have issues, I would target its reduction.

I don't have a lot of confidence in this company to cause you to act on the other sorts of potential issues, but I'd certainly look at calcium with a kit.

OP
OP
AeldariDrukhari

AeldariDrukhari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aluminum is getting pretty high. If leathers or other soft corals begin to have issues, I would target its reduction.

I don't have a lot of confidence in this company to cause you to act on the other sorts of potential issues, but I'd certainly look at calcium with a kit.
Thank you Randy for commenting, I basically stopped all dosing except the amino acids. I did not perform a water change yet but I used my Hanna digital testers and they said my salinity is at 37.8 PPT, PH is 8, I did my own calcium test with API reef kit and the reading came back around 550PPM and the KH is around 143.2. and those readings are from today. The water sample was sent to API last Thursday. I did perform a 20% water change the next day because I received a bunch of corals. So between that water change and stopped dosing for two days. Maybe the company was off or maybe stopping the dosing. Again the tank is 25gal so I follow bare minimum dosage. Do you recommend certain companies for each reading? Thanks again.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back