Will these two fish be okay in my tank

Mydoghasfleas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4’x4’ cube, stocked with two Clownfish. I want to add the next two fish. Will a Desjardini and a Bristletooth tang fair well in a cube like this? It’s not at long as conventional tanks, so I’m am not sure if this is enough room for them. Thanks!

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4’x4’ cube, stocked with two Clownfish. I want to add the next two fish. Will a Desjardini and a Bristletooth tang fair well in a cube like this? It’s not at long as conventional tanks, so I’m am not sure if this is enough room for them. Thanks!
From my research on a 90-gallon for tangs, the bristletooth tangs are all small enough to be acceptable in a 4'X4' tank (most are recommended in 75-gallon or 90-gallon minimum, or 4'x18").
The Desjardini might be acceptable in your 4' tank since the dimension is squared. The diagonal across your tank is close to the 6' minimum recommended for Desjardini, though it might only be borderline acceptable and probably not recommendable.

Note: These suggestions are only based on my research of a similar question, not from any actual experience.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would not put a tang in that size tank. unless you plan to pull them out later as he will outgrow the space and really not a great idea in my opinion, any sailfin will not do well as they need a lot of swim and grazing areas...just my 2 cents

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back