Will you build a 61” DX18 anytime soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have pics of this running? Also can you verify if this has one cable?
From Marine Depot:
  • The fixture comes assembled. Simply attach the included suspension cables and LED mounting brackets. LED brackets can be positioned where needed and locked into place
  • Optional mounting brackets available for securing your LED fixture
  • Silicone socket end caps protect ends of lamps from moisture and allow lamps to operate at optimal temperature
  • Single power cord for easy setup. Conceal the LED cords in the built-in cord routers at each end of the fixture
  • Reflector design keeps T5HO light inside aquarium
  • The HEP® brand ballasts work with 100-277 V, 50-60 Hz electric and use end-of-life protection to prevent bad lamps from lighting.
  • Each fixture ballast is tested prior to shipping the fixture by Aquatic Life.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hi, the X18 61" does have TWO power cord cables on the back right side (one for the outer lamps and the other for the inner lamps).

We do not make a DX18 61" as HEP does not make 80 watt dimmable ballast.

The 24", 36" and 48" DX18 have one power cord and one 0-10V cable.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, the X18 61" does have TWO power cord cables on the back right side (one for the outer lamps and the other for the inner lamps).

We do not make a DX18 61" as HEP does not make 80 watt dimmable ballast.

The 24", 36" and 48" DX18 have one power cord and one 0-10V cable.

Let us know if you have additional questions.
I wasnt really asking about dimmable, but thanks. So 2 cables one for the outside and one for the in... is there a way to rewire them so the cables control the back and the other cable controls the front? You should talk to marine depot as well as I bought this because it had one cable listed...

This is where good marketing material comes in handy, just like the last ballast your pictures leave much to be desired. it's like you want to hide the cables in all your pics.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
It would not be easy to rewire, I asked a lot of the R2R group for their suggestions and the more popular configuration was the outers and the inner lamps with the two cords. This was to allow single lamp in the front and back to turn on at a time. Allowed for a crude ramp in intensity.

To rewire it would require dismantling the entire fixture to move the sockets to the same side.

Sorry not sure what you mean on the ballast?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back