Will you build a 61” DX18 anytime soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shane1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Just wondering if you could come out with a 61” dx18 for those of us with 6’ tanks. I know it wouldn’t be dimmable but really like the new design of the light fixture. Thanks

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id buy one now..

Don't feel like buying the older 61" model and modifying it down to one wire...

Then buying the new wall mounts, but then having to modify and use 2x4s to extend it out further.

Want turnkey solutions... its a bummer. Maybe if I didnt have a young fam I'd be down for those easy mods, but when you pay alot for something you'd also rather not have to take it apart to get to to par.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are working on a small production of the 61" non dimmable in the dimmable housing. Calling it the X18. They are reviewing pricing first, before production starts. It will have two power cords at this point to individually control the outer and inner lamps.

As for the wall mount brackets we are finalizing an extension that will take it around 6"- 7" off the wall. Waiting on the sample for review.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just heard back from marketing and they estimate the retail price for the 61" unit in the DX18 housing non-dimmable to be $599.99. Its $140.00 more than the 61" original hybrid. This is due to the fully assembled fixture shipping costs and the added material used to create the fixture. Almost 2.5 times as much aluminum.

This would be a dual power cord fixture controlling the inner and outer T5 on separate power cords.

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 61" dimmable isn’t possible? What is the limitation?

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just heard back from marketing and they estimate the retail price for the 61" unit in the DX18 housing non-dimmable to be $599.99. Its $140.00 more than the 61" original hybrid. This is due to the fully assembled fixture shipping costs and the added material used to create the fixture. Almost 2.5 times as much aluminum.

This would be a dual power cord fixture controlling the inner and outer T5 on separate power cords.
Why does it have to be dual power cords again? A bunch of ppl did mods on your orignal hybrid units to make it one power cord...

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately they don't make dimmable 60" t5 bulbs. I will be picking one of these up as soon as it is released. Thanks

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does it have to be dual power cords again? A bunch of ppl did mods on your orignal hybrid units to make it one power cord...

There are customer who have asked to have control of a single lamp in the front and a single lamp in the back. Basically the outer lamps and the inner lamps. We can do that only with the two power cords. Two cords could be combined into one if the customer wants but we can't go the other way.

The two cords allow more control without the dimming as an option.

The cords will be on the back right side of the fixture, similar to the dimming units position.

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a few combine the dual cords into one. The bigger request was having both on the same side. This will be the case with this unit.

stezlaki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody tell me the differences between this new "X18" and the original 61?

This is what I'm thinking, but wanted to clarify:

X18 will be all in one construction like the dimmable, have 2 cords out of one end that control inner and outer lamps instead of 2 cords from opposite ends that control each "fixture" like the original 61.

Is that right so far? Any other differences?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody tell me the differences between this new "X18" and the original 61?

This is what I'm thinking, but wanted to clarify:

X18 will be all in one construction like the dimmable, have 2 cords out of one end that control inner and outer lamps instead of 2 cords from opposite ends that control each "fixture" like the original 61.

Is that right so far? Any other differences?

All of your detail above is correct.

You mentioned the all in one construction, so it will not be able to be adjusted in width like the originals.

Its a huge shipping box!!!!

Back