• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Willow

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them available.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them available.

It’s green though.

OG weeping willow is cream/white with Looooooong tentacles. This looks just like a long tentacled Japanese neon

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's one of those things where in my opinion the original meaning of the term has shifted. I have a neon green toadstool that has longer polyps than my OG Weeping Willow. I call the original weeping willow OG to differentiate. Just like a Dragon Soul torch or NY Knicks. I see wanna be torches that are close on the transhipped or wholesale lists every week, but just like Weeping Willows they are names given to a cultivar by a vendor.

OP
OP
J

Jriv86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm honostly just looking for 4icnh polyps . I get it's not gonna drape down like og. But just super long I'd be happy with. If anyone.has any to sell/ship

OP
OP
J

Jriv86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea unless I see the mother colony for reference I'm not buying a frag of a (weeping willow). Im looking for long polyps while full grown. Alot of these sellers won't show me the mother colony so I pass

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea unless I see the mother colony for reference I'm not buying a frag of a (weeping willow). Im looking for long polyps while full grown. Alot of these sellers won't show me the mother colony so I pass
That’s because polyp extension is flow dependent

I bought a ‘weeping willow’ 6 months ago from a local seller. Color was right, 7-9” long polyps. Baseball sized piece for 200

when it got here- literally hand delivered to my garage- it was apparent it wasn’t a real weeping willow. Polyp spacing was bigger, polyp length was 4-5”. Slight green tint to the stalks.

I talked it through and got it down to $45. Still a nice piece. But he knew he was pushing the label, since he didn’t think twice about $45 or no deal. If it was OG, he would have gotten $200 right then

in a low flow area of the tank, it extends 2-3”. If I move flow around, it gets to 6-7” extension, but doesn’t ‘weep’.

all this to say, is that there are ‘mimics’ that are so close to the OG in appearance it’s hard to determine by photos, and there are still people putting ‘weeping willow’ name on a long tentacle green Japanese in order to pull in views.

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I here flow doesn’t matter but I’m no expert. Got any pics? I’d take one with 7-9 in polyps weeping or not.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I here flow doesn’t matter but I’m no expert. Got any pics? I’d take one with 7-9 in polyps weeping or not.
Flow matters, and ive clearly seen it in my tanks. With the toadstool I have, at least, but I said it isn’t a WW.

im not actually selling, or planning to sell. Not sure where I gave that impression.

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just saying in general I’d like to have one like that and just want to see what yours looked like.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s green though.

OG weeping willow is cream/white with Looooooong tentacles. This looks just like a long tentacled Japanese neon

Right and Jake Adams has said only 3 people have them and they are not selling.

Allot of vendor's are selling Neon green Japanese toadstool as weeping willow.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right and Jake Adams has said only 3 people have them and they are not selling.

Allot of vendor's are selling Neon green Japanese toadstool as weeping willow.
The ONLY person I know that is sharing it is Remy - bahama lama coral- and that’s just at local St. Louis frag swaps.

all the other vendors claiming otherwise are being disingenuous and it is false marketing, pure and simple

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The ONLY person I know that is sharing it is Remy - bahama lama coral- and that’s just at local St. Louis frag swaps.

all the other vendors claiming otherwise are being disingenuous and it is false marketing, pure and simple
He does not have the original either.
closest I have seen but he doesn't.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does not have the original either.
Seems close but he doesn't.

My understanding was that he was one of the three and his frag is slightly different because of growth conditions.

thanks for the clarification

Jake would make a fortune fragging that thing, lol

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My understanding was that he was one of the three and his frag is slightly different because of growth conditions.

thanks for the clarification

Jake would make a fortune fragging that thing, lol

I would not doubt there are others with it even if they do not have lineage to Jakes.

I would not doubt that someone had the same coral before Jake did.

Seems to me allot of vendors are calling the Japanese Neon Green toadstool weeping willow or the Tyree one.

They are very nice though.

Last edited:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s because polyp extension is flow dependent

I bought a ‘weeping willow’ 6 months ago from a local seller. Color was right, 7-9” long polyps. Baseball sized piece for 200

when it got here- literally hand delivered to my garage- it was apparent it wasn’t a real weeping willow. Polyp spacing was bigger, polyp length was 4-5”. Slight green tint to the stalks.

I talked it through and got it down to $45. Still a nice piece. But he knew he was pushing the label, since he didn’t think twice about $45 or no deal. If it was OG, he would have gotten $200 right then

in a low flow area of the tank, it extends 2-3”. If I move flow around, it gets to 6-7” extension, but doesn’t ‘weep’.

all this to say, is that there are ‘mimics’ that are so close to the OG in appearance it’s hard to determine by photos, and there are still people putting ‘weeping willow’ name on a long tentacle green Japanese in order to pull in views.

That is exactly right:

I love the one in this aquarium and would be happy with it:

MR BACKHAND

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine have it on the sand bed under radion G5’s.

653EFE08-F66B-4A9C-9925-DD60CBD26BD9.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%

Back