Willz 120g Monti Lagoon (probably Exhibit A in the future divorce...)

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks! Forget snorkeling. Take a open water course and enjoy the ocean. It's really easy and you'll love it.
Only time I've seen a diver throw up inside the water was because he was still drunk and it happen just when he enter the water... don't believe everything you ear.

Everyone is definitely in except my wife :/

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the Teide?

It has been very hazy here and I haven't seen it yet. We are staying in Guimar facing Grand Canary and haven't seen that either this trip. Normally you would be able to see the other island from here.

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been very hazy here and I haven't seen it yet. We are staying in Guimar facing Grand Canary and haven't seen that either this trip. Normally you would be able to see the other island from here.

But I bet the water temp it's reef like... :)

Enjoy it!!!

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that 1st and 2nd pic isn't the before and after. :D

Haha, no we found that guy trying to sneak in after we got home.

Tomorrow we go deep sea fishing. Super excited! The bill fish are running so I hope to catch a nice one. In the afternoon they switch to small tackle for other fish.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, no we found that guy trying to sneak in after we got home.

Tomorrow we go deep sea fishing. Super excited! The bill fish are running so I hope to catch a nice one. In the afternoon they switch to small tackle for other fish.

That sounds great!! It's been years since I've been out deep sea fishing. Last time we went we were going out to the gulf stream but the waves were too bad from an off shore storm so only a few boats were going deep sea. It was so bad that you couldn't keep your bait on the bottom. The boat would ride one wave up,then crash down into the next wave. We were all soaked.I think there was 30 of us on the boat and at least 15 or so never even picked up a rod due to being sick the entire time. My dad and myself have never gotten sick but we always stick to the same routine; Eat breakfast an hour or so before we ship out and take two Dramamine pills.

Hope you have a good time and be prepared for some sore arms from reeling them in. :)

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds great!! It's been years since I've been out deep sea fishing. Last time we went we were going out to the gulf stream but the waves were too bad from an off shore storm so only a few boats were going deep sea. It was so bad that you couldn't keep your bait on the bottom. The boat would ride one wave up,then crash down into the next wave. We were all soaked.I think there was 30 of us on the boat and at least 15 or so never even picked up a rod due to being sick the entire time. My dad and myself have never gotten sick but we always stick to the same routine; Eat breakfast an hour or so before we ship out and take two Dramamine pills.

Hope you have a good time and be prepared for some sore arms from reeling them in. :)

Thanks a lot! We were really worried about sea sickness, too. We have Dramamine and I'll make sure everyone eats tomorrow before we hit the road. Hoping for some nice pics to post up by end of day tomorrow!

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Teide pic! One thing I like at that island is being able to be at the pool/beach and in a few minutes go up the volcano and find snow... :)
About the sea sick pills try to take 1 hour before entering the boat and be careful about dosage because usually they give sleep.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Semi-successful day fishing. The boat only caught sting rays all day. But I caught one small one as did my wife, then she hooked onto one but didn't want to fight it so she gave the rod to me. It took over a half hour, but I finally landed a four footer:

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

I was hoping for some game fish, but not a hit when we were trawling. Tempted to do it one more time, but don't think anyone else in the group is down :/

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Semi-successful day fishing. The boat only caught sting rays all day. But I caught one small one as did my wife, then she hooked onto one but didn't want to fight it so she gave the rod to me. It took over a half hour, but I finally landed a four footer:

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

I was hoping for some game fish, but not a hit when we were trawling. Tempted to do it one more time, but don't think anyone else in the group is down :/

Nice sting ray. You'll need a bigger tank for that!!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back