Win a HYDROS WaveEngine to Control All Your Pumps!

JMM744

View Badges
Reaction score

siggy

I'm still swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
looking to squeeze 2 mp40's, octo 2, DC Regal skimmer and a dc return in a small space,

Hey can I use a 0-10 port on a light ??? also does the wave engine have an internal clock? or reliance on app/wifi ?

20190911_205957.jpg

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I’d use it on both Abyzz pumps and my MP40’s. I love the idea of getting away from the snake pit mess of cables
You will be able to control Abyzz pumps and Vortech pumps but the WaveEngine will not be able to power them. The Abyzz pumps will run via 0-10v and the Vortech pumps will run wirelessly so you still need to keep their controller and power supply.

The pumps that will be both controlled and driven by the WaveEngine are the ones that you connect directly to the 4 pump ports on the WaveEngine. At this time, these are Maxspect, Reef Octopus and IceCap pumps.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
looking to squeeze 2 mp40's, octo 2, DC Regal skimmer and a dc return in a small space,

Hey can I use a 0-10 port on a light ??? also does the wave engine have an internal clock? or reliance on app/wifi ?

20190911_205957.jpg

The WaveEngine was built to be a flow controller and not a regular controller of lights and other accessories. The HYDROS Control 4 or Control 2 will be better suited for what you are trying to do.

Both Control 4 and Control 4 come with two 12v ports that you can attach lights. If you are looking to use different lights, then you can attach it to one of the WiFi power strips and control it that way.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
how many pumps can you controll total? What’s the cost going to be please.
Thanks, Jim
You can control and drive (power) 4 pumps. (Maxspect, Reef Octopus, IceCap).
You can control an additional 4 pumps via 0-10V
You can control an unlimited number of Vortech pumps wirelessly

The price of the WaveEngine will be $349.99 and will be available in October 2019.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
It's not listed but I've read that Jebaos are doable and can be hooked up to WaveEngine. If that's true I can definitely use one to clean up the spaghetti of wires behind my tank.
I'd be using it for the Jebaos and the Ecotech return pump.
Yes, Jebao pumps can be controlled via the WaveEngine but they do need a 0-10V interface box in addition to the pump controller.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Please pick me! If possible, I'd control both an MP10 and a Nero 5. But I am really interested in your new split-able gyre pump too. So winning this would jump start more purchases. :D
Unfortunately, Nero pumps are NOT compatible with the WaveEngine. This is because the manufacturer of the Nero pump created a controller that cannot be controlled by a 3rd party device. The only way to control the Nero is by using the native app. The manufacturer did not even include a 0-10v input. Unfortunately, while the WaveEngine could control the Nero, the manufacturer has to grant access first.

Rate your current reefing satisfaction level! (CLICK HERE)

• Very satisfied

Votes: 275 45.4%
  • Just satisfied

Votes: 151 24.9%
  • Somewhat satsified

Votes: 129 21.3%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 51 8.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors