Win a HYDROS WaveEngine to Control All Your Pumps!

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Lets see.....
2 jebao pp8's, 2 mp10's and a gyre xf230.

Does this replace the icecap module for the gyre to apex interface?
Jebao PP8 -> Yes if you use their 0-10v interface box which they sell separately. Control only.
MP10s -> Yes, wirelessly. Control only.
Gyre XF230 -> Yes, control and power

Yes, the WaveEngine would completely replace the IceCap Module for the Gyre. You connect the Gyre directly to the WaveEngine.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Jebao PP8 -> Yes if you use their 0-10v interface box which they sell separately. Control only.
MP10s -> Yes, wirelessly. Control only.
Gyre XF230 -> Yes, control and power

Yes, the WaveEngine would completely replace the IceCap Module for the Gyre. You connect the Gyre directly to the WaveEngine.
Yup got that module to use with the apex.

So the gyre gets rid of it's own power supply and the icecap module. Come to think of it, I can control my return pump also that uses a 1-10V input for control.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
So the gyre gets rid of it's own power supply and the icecap module. Come to think of it, I can control my return pump also that uses a 1-10V input for control.
That is correct. The WaveEngine is like having 4 IceCap Gyre Interface modules that can control AND power any of the Maxspect or IceCap pumps.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
@[email protected] Same goes for the Glamorca branded gyres? Your neighbors in the frozen North are stuck with them for some reason.
No Glamorca pumps at this time BUT the good thing is that CoralVue has taken over the distribution of Maxspect products in Canada so you will now have access to IceCap Gyre pumps!!!!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score

BZOFIQ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You will be able to control Abyzz pumps and Vortech pumps but the WaveEngine will not be able to power them. The Abyzz pumps will run via 0-10v and the Vortech pumps will run wirelessly so you still need to keep their controller and power supply.
Carlos,

For the Abyzz statement above - is that with or without their expensive interface cable?

Last edited:

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Carlos,

For the Abyzz statement above - is that with or without their expensive interface cable?

Unfortunately, you need that module and cable. You need to convert their 9-pin 0-10v interface port to a regular 3.5mm jack. If you have the new Abyzz controllers, then you do not need the interface module.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Octo 4 varios, two koralia wave pumps and Koralia nano. Will be adding a nero 5 quite soon.

Dragon52

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have hydor Koralias, Maxspect Gyres & (MP40s which I'm using now). It would be interesting to see what combo would work the best.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there a reason why the industry is settling on 0-10v rather than pwm ? It’s almost as if Mfg’s don’t want to do any r&d and just want to slap together the cheapest and oldest tech in their products.

Rate your current reefing satisfaction level! (CLICK HERE)

• Very satisfied

Votes: 274 45.4%
  • Just satisfied

Votes: 150 24.8%
  • Somewhat satsified

Votes: 129 21.4%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 51 8.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors