Win a HYDROS WaveEngine to Control All Your Pumps!

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not sure what I would control if I won.

More than likely I'd pull out my pair of XF250's and control those to start with. I had put them away for later use has my tank was not mature enough with regards to coral grown and overall maturity. The flow was just too much in my 210 gallon that is 54" L x 30" W x 30" H. The Gyre's really need some space to flex their mussel unless you have a mature tank with corals to break up the flow. Work great but I just bought them before the tank was ready.

This thread however did make me go get one out of the garage and fire it up.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not sure what I would control if I won.

More than likely I'd pull out my pair of XF250's and control those to start with. I had put them away for later use has my tank was not mature enough with regards to coral grown and overall maturity. The flow was just too much in my 210 gallon that is 54" L x 30" W x 30" H. The Gyre's really need some space to flex their mussel unless you have a mature tank with corals to break up the flow. Work great but I just bought them before the tank was ready.

This thread however did make me go get one out of the garage and fire it up.
Thank you for entering! The WaveEngine can power those Gyres so you'd be able to lose the power bricks and the controllers.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for entering! The WaveEngine can power those Gyres so you'd be able to lose the power bricks and the controllers.
Thanks. I bet it would also be easier to create the patterns or use the pre-built in as you noted I recall in a video. If I didn't say it enough already you and your team are really doing a super awesome sauce job.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks. I bet it would also be easier to create the patterns or use the pre-built in as you noted I recall in a video. If I didn't say it enough already you and your team are really doing a super awesome sauce job.
Thank you! We consider ourselves lucky to work in such a fun, creative, and dynamic industry! Most days it doesn't even feel like work. ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Now if I won.. I would be very happy, well on my way to a controlled system instead of manual mode all the time.. and the parts are inexpensive enough to really get into a control system.
Good luck! Automating equipment and tasks does make caring for a tank easier!

I’d use it on two XF250s, two MP40s, two MP10s and a Varios 6.
That's perfect!

Rate your current reefing satisfaction level! (CLICK HERE)

• Very satisfied

Votes: 180 45.2%
  • Just satisfied

Votes: 99 24.9%
  • Somewhat satsified

Votes: 86 21.6%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 33 8.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
The Skimmer of the Year is Here!
CWT Aquatics - Acrylic Sumps, Tanks, and More!