WIN a new LED LIGHT for your reef in NOOPSYCHE'S HELPFUL REEFER GIVEAWAY!

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: Exercise regularly, eat healthy and monitor your calories intake as well as your sodium intake, that way youll be able to take care of your tank for a long time. Also quarantine every single thing that goes into your tank, it doesnt matter how good your elements are if everything gets sick or a pest gets in your piece of ocean.

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 1:

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 6:

suzsp8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Develop a system that makes water changes easy. - Don't plan on hauling buckets for a the long term. It's hard and frustrating. Always, Always set a reminder to check your RODI system when running.

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: I tried to think of something more special, but the best to I can think of is to not just take your time with your tank, but to take your time to make sure that you’re doing it right.
I guess this is to much like the example of a tip that isn't specific enough, so a different tip is to not buy something if you don't know what it is until you are told what it is.

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 4 done
bonus 5: I like best that they have the customer tank photos so that you can see the real results.

Tyrone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just being able to use find and share information from this peer to peer network. Wether it be lighting, filteration, water parameters, or etc.

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: “We keep water, not fish.”

Sounds cryptic, but it’s something I have constantly reminded myself of over the years whenever I encountered issues in my systems. I guess it’s become my aquarium mantra. It all comes back to your water. The rest is just a bonus once you get that right.

Cerberusfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When adding new fish that seem shy during feeding time, or if you have aggressive eaters in the tank that eat the food too quickly, feed everyone on one side of the tank, and then a second time a few seconds later on the other. Usually the new fish will either figure out how to integrate to the rest, or learn he can always have a safe meal to eat away from the others and will be more active.

r.bonney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I’ve been given is to have the largest tank you can comfortably have and afford because it will be way more stable when trying to learn numbers and you won’t see the crazy swings and die off that you would with a smaller tank. Advice I’ve had is look around for deals before purchasing a brand new tank for your first reef. I didn’t follow this and cost myself hundreds.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One tip that helped me find the right spot for a coral in a mixed reef was to cut the post off the bottom of a frag plug and use thick superglue sparingly to attach it to the rock. Observe the coral to see if its happy (the right flow, not shrinking away from light, polyps open and getting a good feeding respose). Give it 2 weeks and move it if necessary following the same procedure. Once you have found its happy place, cut it off the frag plug and attach it permanently to that spot. This has helped me find appropriate placement for zoas, lps, and sps in my small 20 gallon tank.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back