WIN a new LED LIGHT for your reef in NOOPSYCHE'S HELPFUL REEFER GIVEAWAY!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations @Azedenkae!!!

Yippee GIF by memecandy

Blumon18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

This month we're bringing back the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Tag someone who has been very helpful to you and say thanks!
Bonus 3: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 4: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 6: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on May 17, 2020! (Last day to enter is May 16th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Please read our general R2R giveaway guidelines/disclaimers HERE!

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!

#r2rgiveaway
New light sounds great, got lots of great help on my newest hobby almost 6 weeks into my cycle

Blumon18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just entering this new great hobby

Attachments

• 20210528_225417.jpg
    20210528_225417.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 52

Blumon18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was told you can make it as complicated or as easy as you want

jray108

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best tip I learned was. Years ago I kept getting a bunch of algae growth. I thought I was doing everything right. Parameters all good. Led lights all good. But the clean up crew could not keep up. After lots and lots of research I found out the sunlight beaming on the tank most of the day was my problem. I would’ve never thought natural sunlight could be such a headache. It made the tank look so clear and pretty but also cause a boom in algae growth.

hard lesson learned. Hard part was relocating the tank lol.

Edit: just realized this is an old post. But hope this tip helps someone else. I need to stay off the reeferr haha

jason4ste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had actually just watched a YouTube video and that tangs are just as important for a CUC as snails and crabs.

LOL. Did the same this and just seen this an older post as well.

Stellar Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OE: don't chase numbers and don't mess with the tank too much! Listen to and learn every corals behavior so you can identify troubles vs not. They all have good days and bad days, so don't panic or loose sleep over it. Plenty of nights doing so myself.

Cina05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This month we're bringing back the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 3: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 5: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 6: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

• One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on May 17, 2020! (Last day to enter is May 16th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

#r2rgiveaway
I was told that starting with live rock was better. I started my tank in Dec and added mostly live rock and sand. I've bought pieces of coral on live rock from other reefers and my tank has really taken off with very minimal of an "ugly phase." The only thing I would do differently if I started over would be to quarantine everything for the safety of the rest of my reef.

Attachments

• 20210707_171654.mp4
    26.5 MB

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was told that starting with live rock was better. I started my tank in Dec and added mostly live rock and sand. I've bought pieces of coral on live rock from other reefers and my tank has really taken off with very minimal of an "ugly phase." The only thing I would do differently if I started over would be to quarantine everything for the safety of the rest of my reef.
This giveaway has ended, go check out some of the others!

Jammie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I can give is really to do your research. Don't just jump into this hobby and start putting fish in the tank. Its not like freshwater. Buy a rodi system first and stock up on all the good equipment 1st. Put the tank together slowly. Buy quality equipment because in the end that's the equipment your going to buy anyway. You'll waist money if you don't. A quality light is needed.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The best advice I can give is really to do your research. Don't just jump into this hobby and start putting fish in the tank. Its not like freshwater. Buy a rodi system first and stock up on all the good equipment 1st. Put the tank together slowly. Buy quality equipment because in the end that's the equipment your going to buy anyway. You'll waist money if you don't. A quality light is needed.
This giveaway has ended, but Reef2Reef and @REEFTIDE are giving away a tank! Head over to that giveaway and make sure you're entered.

Shaggymv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best tip…
After being out of the game for about 15 years, I came back to it this year.
I was fully expecting my cycle to take around 45 days .

best tip would be: Bacteria and ammonia and you can finish a cycle in around a week

-Shaggy

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best tip…
After being out of the game for about 15 years, I came back to it this year.
I was fully expecting my cycle to take around 45 days .

best tip would be: Bacteria and ammonia and you can finish a cycle in around a week

-Shaggy
This giveaway has ended, but Reef2Reef and @REEFTIDE are giving away a tank! Head over to that giveaway and make sure you're entered

Pattys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HOW TO ENTER

Bonus 1:

THE PRIZE

• One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

#r2rgiveaway
Wow — would love to try these. Just bought a Waterbox. In debt now, but these lights would help !?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back