Win a Tunze Strong+ Care Magnet Cleaner for your reef!! THREE WINNERS!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tunze CAR MAGNET giveaway copy.jpg

Hey Reef2Reefers!!

We've got another awesome giveaway for you guys from TUNZE!! This one has not 1, not two, but THREE (that's right 3) WINNERS!!

This month we're making it EASY to have lots of entries! All you have to do is one or more of the following things to qualify to win!

Make a post in this thread telling us about how you clean your glass (what you use and how often).

2. Update your Reef2Reef tank thread this month. (you can update it once a week for 4 total entries) After you update or create the tank thread post the link to your build here in this thread up to 4 times for each week. If you don't have a tank thread then start a new one here: Member Tanks

3. Share this thread (you can post a link to it) on your Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform and use these hashtags: #Reef2Reef #GIVEAWAY #TUNZE

4. Start a new thread anywhere in our general forums (not marketplace forums or local forums), and post a link to it here. You can do this daily for additional entries!

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

3 Winners will receive: A Tunze Strong+ Care Magnet (Valued at $94.99 each)

Care Magnet Strong+

Care Magnet Strong+ - for 20 mm up to a glass thickness of 25 mm (¾" - 1").
Width: 86 mm (3.4"), length: 140 mm (5.5")
Including a stainless steel blade and two spare plastic blades.

Care Magnet — Care for your aquarium
The Care Magnet concept was the signature innovation of 2014 in the field of window pane cleaner design, which is comprised of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic.

Why care?
This glass pane cleaner avoids scratches on internal aquarium glass panes, and can therefor even be used on acrylic glass panes with the small plastic blade.
The inner magnet is more than 3 mm (.2") away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface – almost as good as a sharp metal blade. The life of a blade is from several months up to approx. one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible.
The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.

The patented principle, which uses plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.

2.jpg

Thanks to its slim design, the plants and the corals will not be disturbed.

3.jpg

The Care Magnet can also be used on round aquarium panes or round-arched panes.

4.jpg

Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone joints.

5.jpg

It doesn't distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.

6.jpg

It can also be used as a hand scraper.

7.jpg

1.JPG

8.jpg

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through June 28, 2020. The winner will be chosen by random draw and announced on June 29, 2020.

At the end of the contest we will choose three (3) winners via a random number generator. The winners' usernames will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winners other than tagging the winning names. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to Tunze USA!
1707998012983067194.gif

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's see those entries!!!!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s sort of sad for our tank size we use a nano flipper and a mag float. For the outside we microfiber towels from Costco. I’m OCD about having a clean display, if there is any build up of smudges I have to clean it:cool:o_O:) The gun emplacements has been on my list I’ve heard nothing but good things about it!

Last edited:

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1. I use a nano flipper on a 4 foot tank and it seems to take a while to clean it lol. Before that, I used a regular razor blade with no handle to scrape the glass manually which was a pain.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
2. Build thread updated!

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a razor blade glass scraper. Works pretty well for scraping the glass and getting close to the corners. I have a tiny 5 gallon pico, so it works well.

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a nano Flipper on my Biocube. Usually have to clean the glass twice a week but sometimes more. I would love to win a tunze strong+ as I'm building an acrylic frag tank and heard nothing but great things about them!

afqu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 yrs I had a 90 gallon and used a mag float. Two tiny scratches, I am VERY careful. Three month old peninsula (3 sides to clean :( ) and I already have 2 tiny scratches using a flipper. Have been researching a new cleaner and leaning towards the Tunze. Clean every third day.

Last edited:

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a magfloat on 92 gal corner tank and thinking of buying the flipper for new tank but would love to win this one? Also a supporting member.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back