Win Special Edition Controller Cabinets by Adaptive Reef - 2 WINNERS! Pick a Prize: HYDROS Blue or R2R Orange?

good.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed by email (newsletter), Liked on Facebook, Subscribed on YouTube, followed on Instagram I've been eyeing these as I have been following @Elder1945 's work for awhile. This would be an amazing addition to my tank! Orange please!
accounts usernames: dermapunct (email, youtube) j...jones (FB) good.reef (IG)

IMG_20200311_214224~2.jpg

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
See, I like this! Jeff, thank you for actively participating in your giveaway thread! A lot more companies could use this level of engagement.
My first "real" job after college in 2002 was for an e-commerce company with a very customer-centric culture. I had worked service jobs in restaurants (busboy), retail (cashier), and entertainment (go-kart racing), but this was my first service job inside an office. I had to buy collar shirts and khakis, but I didn't care. I was in an air-conditioned corporate office for the first time in my life. I had my own computer and my own telephone. In other words, I'd made it. ;) Soon I got a promotion. Later, I became webmaster. Finally, the web and marketing teams were combined into a single department.

Many jobs and many years later, I'm still performing the same basic functions in some form or another. I love it now more than ever!

I took this trip down memory lane because I thought you might get a kick out of the fact that, 18 years ago, companies with a customer focus had guys like me talking to guys like you on the forums. For me, they were computer hardware forums, but still. You have to get to know your customers. Reefers are a subculture of aquarium hobbyists, and while similar, they are not the same. My parents had freshwater tanks, later on I got a freshwater tank... but it wasn't until I got into the industry in 2007 that I started a saltwater reef tank.

Here's a picture of me and David Saxby from back then (bottom right). Marine Depot had so many skilled hobbyists on staff at the time but he told me I had the best-looking nano. Thank you very much, metal halides!

Last edited:
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed by email (newsletter), Liked on Facebook, Subscribed on YouTube, followed on Instagram I've been eyeing these as I have been following @Elder1945 's work for awhile. This would be an amazing addition to my tank! Orange please!
accounts usernames: dermapunct (email, youtube) j...jones (FB) good.reef (IG)

IMG_20200311_214224~2.jpg
The tank's looking good, boss! How do you like the Gyres mounted vertically? I got my first set a few months ago (2 x 2K with Controller) and the water movement is insane. I have them mounted horizontally, but I like how yours are tucked in the back. I got a new tank build underway so I think I'm going to give it a try!

good.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
The tank's looking good, boss! How do you like the Gyres mounted vertically? I got my first set a few months ago (2 x 2K with Controller) and the water movement is insane. I have them mounted horizontally, but I like how yours are tucked in the back. I got a new tank build underway so I think I'm going to give it a try!
Thanks! These are the maxspect 330's. I've had them both horizontally and vertically and I prefer them vertical. I keep them pretty low (10%-30% depending on mode). I feel like vertically they give me much less dead spots and the water moves in a more natural way. I can't wait to crank the power up on them on my brand new setup...
IMG_20200322_030548~2.jpg

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! These are the maxspect 330's. I've had them both horizontally and vertically and I prefer them vertical. I keep them pretty low (10%-30% depending on mode). I feel like vertically they give me much less dead spots and the water moves in a more natural way. I can't wait to crank the power up on them on my brand new setup...
IMG_20200322_030548~2.jpg
You're not messing around! :cool: That's how my Reef Octopus Lux Aquarium was delivered. I was afraid the delivery guy was going to leave it at the curb. He laughed when I told him this and wheeled it up my driveway into the garage. I'd heard reports a while back of that happening. I'm guessing those were much bigger tanks because my delivery dude didn't need my help. But I offered!

I decided at the last-minute to redo the flooring in my entry where the tank will go. I didn't want to regret being stuck with the same tacky tile before the tank went in. Picked out some nice waterproof vinyl that looks like 4' wood planks, got it priced out, the next day is when things began shutting down in California.

We did bring it in the house so I can park in the garage again. Stuck it in the corner of my living room for the time being. Here it is with my daughter.

IMG_20200301_160024.jpg

Corals.com
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for entering!

The Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinets and Faceplates we stock and sell today are available in white only. White seems to be the more trendy these days, but...

... should we start stocking black?

Let us know and we'll make it happen.

StatelineReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
You should absolutely make the cabinets in black!

I know if I win, or purchase one, I will have to paint or vinyl mask mine to get it to fit in with the rest of my house's decor.

Black or white, they're fantastic, but having the option of not having to modify, paint, or decal my "box-o-wires" makes for a fantastic selling point!

Thank you everyone for entering!

The Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinets and Faceplates we stock and sell today are available in white only. White seems to be the more trendy these days, but...

... should we start stocking black?

Let us know and we'll make it happen.

Are you getting any reefing "to do" list items done this weekend?

• YES and its not fun

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • YES and it's fun stuff for me

Votes: 76 67.3%
  • Nope nothing!

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Maybe, maybe not!

Votes: 11 9.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors