Winners Announced: ROLL CALL RAFFLE - $$$ Gift Cards $$$ - CORAL MANIA Live Event Sunday 2/28!

VolatileReeFer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
QOTD Logo.jpg

Question Of The Day:
What coral are you wanting to see in tomorrow's sale?!

The fun starts tomorrow! Let's hear what you're wanting to get in the sale!!!
Zoa's of course! My favorite. Love me sum Zoa's!!

PinkLadyLVT

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Question.jpg

What hobby-related item have you purchased that got you in the most trouble with your significant other?

The massive order I placed during the last huge live sale. I bought something like 52 frags and then my partner bailed on his half, so my husband was NOT happy with me. LOL

PinkLadyLVT

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
QOTD Logo.jpg

Question of the day:
What's the most insane reef tank that you've ever seen?

It can be a hobbyist, commercial, or public aquarium!
I'd love to see some pics or links posted too
:)

The aquarium we have here in Chattanooga is pretty great. We have some MASSIVE examples of wild species that are at their healthy, natural size that would normally be hampered in captivity. They have a flame angel that is easily 5" in size.

PinkLadyLVT

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
QOTD Logo.jpg

Question Of The Day:
What got you into this hobby?

How/when did your reefing mania begin?

My sheer love of the ocean and marine life. I grew up with my dad's freshwater tanks, and always wanted a reef tank to display the beautiful fish I always loved seeing in stores and aquariums (I grew up in Wisconsin so not exactly ocean-adjacent or tropical). Seeing saltwater tanks and reef setups gave me a mental escape to white sand beaches and snorkeling in beautiful aqua water over pristine reefs full of coral and fish. They still have that effect on me.

PinkLadyLVT

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
QOTD Logo.jpg

Question Of The Day:
What's the biggest mistake you've made as a reefer?

We've all do some crazy things at some point, especially when we were noobs ;Facepalm
Tell us your craziest mistake!

When I was a noob, I just tried to do everything cheaply, easily, and simply -- and paid for it later. The one I regret the most is switching my stingray (Dasyatis sabina) to black sand rather than the fine white sand I started with. I had no idea that the black sand was fake and each granule was actually a rough shard that scraped and cut the underside of her body, caused inflammation and infection, and eventually she died in my hands. She was like a puppy, loved pets and snuggles, was super curious about everything, ate from my hands, loved to give me little suction kisses on my arms while I worked in her tank, etc, She also recognized me whenever I got home from work and walked in the door, and would get excited and flap at the surface with her "nose" out for me to pet her and tickle the underside of her nose. She was a true pet and I cried hard when she passed. Never forgive myself for that one.

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 178 47.5%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 83 22.1%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 59 15.7%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 48 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.9%
BSA