With Love for One of Our Own... A Memorial Fundraiser for the Family of Mike Biggar

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BigR.jpg

Last month our world lost a very special soul and friend to many of us when one of our own, Mike Biggar (known on R2R as @Aquanaut) lost his battle to cancer. Many of you knew Mike as the owner of BigR Corals and the one who brought the Walt Disney Tenuis into the hobby.

Mike worked as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for over 20 years. He was passionate about the wonders of the ocean and became an avid reef keeper. He eventually founded his company, BigR Corals, with the ultimate hope of replenishing our dying reefs with corals that he grew. His biggest goal was to work alongside other reefers and foundations to save the amazing reefs for the future generations.

His signature gift of joy, shown through his funny antics and easy-going demeanor, will never be forgotten. He leaves behind his legacy through the many corals he named, the lives he touched and through his only child, Brady, who will forever know how unique and wonderful his Daddy was. He was loved and supported by many.

In his memory, some of Mike's friends are hosting a memorial fundraiser for Mike's family. At R2R we are honored to host this fundraiser (all of the proceeds will go to Mike's family) as a way of expressing our love and support for a friend we will all miss dearly. We will update the 2nd post in this thread with links to the threads from those joining in the fundraiser with various coral sales. You can also find them at the hashtag: #Memorial4Mike
Please send your donations to [email protected]

BigR 3.jpg

BigR 7.jpg

BigR 4.jpg

BigR4 Corals.jpg

BigR 6 Corals.jpg

BigR 5.jpg

RIP Mike Biggar
JUNE 11, 1977 – JULY 17, 2020

Mike's Obituary (CLICK HERE)
Mike's Memorial Video (CLICK HERE)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fundraiser Auctions and Sales

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

HigherStandards

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG. RIP MIKE! I was just thinking about him yesterday as I was thinking of changing the configuration of my T5 bulbs... man guess the email would've sent tonight would've gone unanswered. The hobby has lost a great person. Our thoughts go out to his family!

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rest In Peace, Mike.

I never knew him personally, but his love for people and the hobby were very evident. Not just through his replies to me, but how I constantly watched him help others with great love and care.

The most impressive thing, in my opinion, is how much he helped others without self promotion. I was unaware that he was behind Big R Corals (I am just now getting the play on words). I just knew him as someone who selflessly helped others and was an extremely knowledgable voice in our hobby.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once again my thoughts and prayers for his family. Horrible loss in the hobby, I hope to see many more auctions posted and hope to help the best I can.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back