With Love for One of Our Own... A Memorial Fundraiser for the Family of Mike Biggar

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 43. The world lost another great person way too soon.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this up again!

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BigR.jpg

Last month our world lost a very special soul and friend to many of us when one of our own, Mike Biggar (known on R2R as @Aquanaut) lost his battle to cancer. Many of you knew Mike as the owner of BigR Corals and the one who brought the Walt Disney Tenuis into the hobby.

Mike worked as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for over 20 years. He was passionate about the wonders of the ocean and became an avid reef keeper. He eventually founded his company, BigR Corals, with the ultimate hope of replenishing our dying reefs with corals that he grew. His biggest goal was to work alongside other reefers and foundations to save the amazing reefs for the future generations.

His signature gift of joy, shown through his funny antics and easy-going demeanor, will never be forgotten. He leaves behind his legacy through the many corals he named, the lives he touched and through his only child, Brady, who will forever know how unique and wonderful his Daddy was. He was loved and supported by many.

In his memory, some of Mike's friends are hosting a memorial fundraiser for Mike's family. At R2R we are honored to host this fundraiser (all of the proceeds will go to Mike's family) as a way of expressing our love and support for a friend we will all miss dearly. We will update the 2nd post in this thread with links to the threads from those joining in the fundraiser with various coral sales. You can also find them at the hashtag: #Memorial4Mike
Please send your donations to [email protected]

BigR 3.jpg

BigR 7.jpg

BigR 4.jpg

BigR4 Corals.jpg

BigR 6 Corals.jpg

BigR 5.jpg

RIP Mike Biggar
JUNE 11, 1977 – JULY 17, 2020

Mike's Obituary (CLICK HERE)
Mike's Memorial Video (CLICK HERE)
RIP Mike, a.k.a. Aquanaut. I will miss our friendly banter and your helpful advice. You were a kind soul and the world is a better place for you having been a part of it. We will miss you. May God's peace surround your family. <3

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More auctions have been added to our list of auctions HERE!

Taylor Hahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just such a loss to the community he had some of the nicest coral I have seen and everybody who has sps know that the Walt Disney was his baby. I never knew him but would fantasize about ordering from his site for a long time

MARK M. DAVIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP Mike Biggar. Did anyone help his family take over the BigR brand? Teach his family to fish instead of giving fish? I hope if something happened to me, the people closest will help keep my business alive.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
RIP Mike Biggar. Did anyone help his family take over the BigR brand? Teach his family to fish instead of giving fish? I hope if something happened to me, the people closest will help keep my business alive.
Was wondering this too, I think there was a auction for all his coral but it wasn’t very advertised as I heard about it afterwards. Not sure what happened to all his tanks and equipment. RIP Mike

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back