Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Ferrell, Nov 8, 2017.
So I lost the splatter and now the gold is giving up the ghost. New green and purple ok for now. Have another coming from UC live sale and will give it another go.
Thinking it could? have been chemical from the softies I’ve started running carbon continuously through a canister and not just a bag in the sump.
If it is bacterial then I’m at a loss for remedy. Suggestions would be welcomed with open arms.
Got some new critters from the @uniquecorals live sale last week
Nice hammer, colorful chalice, colorful echinata and a blue tip digi. All nice chunky pieces. Will be placing them today in their new spots.
So a little update on the new hammer and chalices. First off chalices seem to be settling in fine and hopefully see some growth. Digi is happy for now. Kinda lost its color as it settles in but the strangest thing happened with the hammer this past weekend. Woke up Saturday to part of the head bailing from the head!!! See pic. Before I could get my first cup of coffees down and decide my course of action it bailed and was floating around the tank fearing it was looking to commit coralcide in one of the power heads I netted and hung the net from the screen top and there it sits, all puffed out like nothing happened!!! So for now and until this weekend there it hangs. Tried putting it in a cup on the bottom in low flow but alas it kept trying to free float around the tank. I think my plan now is to sacrifice a net and magnet it to the back of the tank in good flow and see what happens. Unless of course a better idea comes up.
I’ll post some pics when I get it done.
Congrats on winning reef tank 365! That’s quite an honor!
Lola who was queen of the castle til the tang gang arrived
My percula pair, yet unnamed got them as juveniles so waiting for the change thinking the right one is going to be the queen of the castle
John the yellow eyed kole
Acan garden with what I think is a bowerbanki tossed in and of course Tweety photobombing
Large leather with zoas around the bottom and semi sick chalice bottom right. white spots are zoas I had to move because of shading
My out of body hammer experience from last weekend just hanging out
A few more
Zoas. I’m sure they all have names but I’m not so hung up that way. Just a nice mix of colors.
Hope you enjoy and thank you R2R team
I found an interesting tid bit today.
A little background first. My first purchase for the reef was a pink toadstool. The first spot I had it in, where the acans are now, it lost all of its color. So then I moved it to the other end of the tankwhere it proceeded to climb the rock work until it got to the top. As it grew the trunk slowly receded from the plug which you can see in the photo. Today I noticed a little surprise growing from the old trunk and plug. A baby toadstool!!! Go figure. Just thought I’d share, I am most amazed.
Well sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut!!! I’ve been having miserable luck with sps easy ones and have been giving them a slow death under my t5s no matter how high and how strong the flow. Hell can’t even grow a birdsnest, could afford to ypgrade to bigger t4 or leds yet but did see a raffle on Coral House and took a chance and wouldn’t you know I won 2 XR15S!!! So I will be implementing a AL hybrid on my tank this weekend!!!
Going to start out with the same bulbs in my t5, set the radions on 10% to start and over the next couple months ramp the radions up to a suitable par. I’m ecstatic!
During this change over I will be keeping the same t5 lighting schedule but gradually reducing its run time to the middle of the cycle until I get the readings I want. I know this may make some of my inhabitants angry but I will make as little changes as possible to give them time to adapt.
This is for all the little sps coral skeletons that line my display case. Hopefully will not be adding to the “collection “ any time soon
Congrats on the win!
I spent the afternoon putting together the AL t5 hybrid and getting the radions connected through the WXM. Not all afternoon mind you, probably took a couple of hours taking out the old ATI, swapping bulbs and routing wires. Still not done with that.
Couple things about the AL fixture:
Pros: well made,
easy to assemble,
parts all fit well,
very functional for the money,
sent extra screws thats a plus
brackets holding LEDs are easy install
and look good
does what I need
Cons: not crazy about cord coming out on
both sides but have an eb832 on each
If you order one get the end caps, much
cleaner look BUT an extra $35. Had
to modify the end plate so both Radion
cords would pass cleanly.
screws are hard to handle with big fingers
not crazy about the clips that hold the
lights in. I can see there will be a
problem changing bulbs.
Not all buttoned up yet but it’s a good looking fixture. Can’t wait till lights come on in morning!!!
At 10% plus the t5s. Love them but thinking of getting the diffusers for the xr15s
Separate names with a comma.