Without this fish your saltwater aquarium is not complete..

How much do what fish you have in your tank matter to you?

• I take my fish selection VERY carefully.

Votes: 517 74.8%
  • I just focus on a few of my favorites and don't care much for the rest.

Votes: 94 13.6%
  • I just choose fish on a feeling or a whim.

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • Whatever fish are the cheapest.

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • No fish for me in my aquarium.

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 2.2%

• Total voters

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers go in all my
20210503_125458.jpg
tanks would not have one without triggers, currently have 5.

BuBBlyFish&Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my fish serve a purpose. I have a puffer that is messy and releases meaty foods for other fish and coral, wrasses and anthias to deal with fireworms, six-line wrasse to take care of parasites, tangs for algae, Hawkfish to keep the peace, Copper Band Butterfly for the pesky aptasia, damsels to help keep the rock work clean and eat up excessive food leftover, Clownfish to keep my anemones happy and fed.

Attachments

• 20210504_160747.mp4
    83.2 MB

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Mandarin
Pair of designer clownfish (my fav. are the snowflake but the real pretty/premium A snowflake)

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a Mandarin but I know they take a lot of planning. I love anything with “Tang” attached to it...ohhh and my snowflake eel.

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a list of 2/300 fish that are appropriate for what I want to do with my tank, and anytime I see something that catches my eye that’s on the list and I can afford it, I’ll pick it up. If it’s not on the list, I’ll do some research. My tank doesn’t need a very specific stocking list.

gearhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gem tang and my long nose black are my favorite that I have I would have more but a purple a hippo a the gem and long nose black are pushing it in my xxl 750 for keeping the piece.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate having fish perish so I give serious thought to whether a fish is compatible to the fish I already have and if the tank and my feeding regiment can meet their needs. Having said that, I do stock heavier than most folks. My tank is a high nutrient system by design and I need lots of fish to provide those nutrients. Who does not love watching lots of fish cruise in and out of rock and coral though, as long as everyone gets along?

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sure do love our fish! Watching them swim, eat and interact is part of the joys of owning an aquarium. The sheer beauty and array of coloring that are present in saltwater fish is one of the main reasons people set up saltwater aquariums to begin with. BUT for many of us there is that ONE special fish that our aquarium would not be complete without! Today I would like to talk about it!

1. What is the one fish that you must have in order for your saltwater aquarium to be complete?

2. Name the fish that is the second runner up?

image via @Reeffraff
DSC_0291_sm.jpg
Very good looking fish. What kind is it?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a group of resplendent or diadem anthias. I would even settle for dispar. However, I am just not willing to risk my others and cannot find they quantity I want at a reasonable price.

Otherwise, my pair of angels and my earmuff wrasse are exactly what I want and have.

NanoMan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my large tank: sail fin tang, flame angle, coral beauty but must have is a puffer love the personality my last one would love for me to scratch his head.
Nano tank: watchman goby, black ice clown, that’s all I have in there for now. It’s a new tank so slow and steady.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since we started in salt I've had a dragonet. As we started this hobby/ lifestyle early 90 I've been lucky w them. I did have some probs one since we moved hereto N.M

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back