Woke up this morning to these tiny mite things on my glass what are they and how should I react?

clxtchsxns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just woke up this morning to these tiny mite things moving around on my glass what are they and should I leave them?

Attachments

• 66434265689__4361DF03-9372-4D5B-8B38-ED8A34E66E8E.MOV
    961.8 KB

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some more common hitch hikers.

What helped me and still helped me is find a thread that interests you on r2r ( any thread ) and read it then go to bottom page and read another and so on and this to me familiarised me with lots things in and around the hobby

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

clxtchsxns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see well enough in video to see what actually are but probably copepods or munnid isopods.

Look up pods and get an idea of what you shall find in your tank
Should I get copepod eating fish or should I just leave them if they aren’t doing any harm I don’t mind them, cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

clxtchsxns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a sign that things are headed in the correct direction. Keep it up.
Aw awesome I was hoping they were copepods and I just recently put a small amount of chateau clippings from my other tank into my hob could it be from that?

Upvote 1

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw awesome I was hoping they were copepods and I just recently put a small amount of chateau clippings from my other tank into my hob could it be from that?
Yes that would most likely be the source. They could also come in on anything new you might have added to the tank like corals or rock

Upvote 0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I get copepod eating fish or should I just leave them if they aren’t doing any harm I don’t mind them, cheers
All depends what size your tank is and some other factors like does it have sand ( for sand sleeping wrasses) .
If i was you I would just stick to the original plan I had for the tank and stock up what you like and what's compatable with your tank and each other.

Good luck and hope you get great enjoyment from your tank ^_^

Upvote 0
Back