woke up to find Almost all my water gone!

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to figure out where all the water went.

Any suggestions on how to handle this welcome; I’ll be reloading this thread every half hour or so

as of now, I can’t figure out where the leak came from. it seems I will almost certainly need a new tank today.

6304F4FC-22D5-4ED2-9F3C-F3000041074E.jpeg

and yes, it was full last night. :D

Last edited:

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see an overflow in the photo. Do you have a sump? I’d be very careful when moving things and yes, definitely a new tank. You could have a seal in the silicone loose, causing the leak.

OP
OP
VR28man

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it doesn’t have an overflow.

there are no pools of water i’ve yet found, so it’s almost certainly leaked downstairs. (I live in a high-rise complex)

and there’s an aside, the leak is almost certainly from a silicone problem no idea where, though

[post facto edit, severarl hours later: strikethrough stuff is not correct now that I understand the situationbetter.

Last edited:

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's no overflow, and the leak stopped at that level, I would suspect a seem at the current waterline. There should be a telltale water trail somewhere. Regardless, I would take immediate action.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

there are no pools of water i’ve yet found, so it’s almost certainly leaked downstairs. (I live in a high-rise complex)

and there’s an aside, the week is almost certainly from a silicone problem no idea where, though

Ouch. Hopefully if there’s people downstairs they won’t be too upset at some salty fishy water.At least you should be able to find a good deal on a new tank.

Dvanlier05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

and there’s an aside, the week is almost certainly from a silicone problem no idea where, though
That's not good. Not sure if ur set up for emergencies. Move livestock into anything; storage tub, kiddy pool. Get heater and flow to them asap...worst case it time to upgrade. Sorry to hear about this

OP
OP
VR28man

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, now I'm considering whetehr I'm dropping the livestock off at an LFS or trying to otherwise save them in a new tank. (If I stay in the hobby, I'll need to set up an uncycled tank this AM. 40 breeder from Petco and the IO instant bacteria)

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are " NO IF's " In This Man's Hobby... Now put your pants and shoes on, Get in the Car and go get that new tank. Come on SOLDIER... CHIN UP... Ahhhhh come on man don't let this little thing make ya quit we would miss you...;) Go ahead say it.. we know but you can say it... You would miss us too.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back