Woooo Woooo! 95G Tank build! (1st tank ever)

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bond, I am still trying to learn patience.

@Mfinn - The ATI has the PSK 2500. I believe it is the older model of the bubble master 200. Not the newer version. I put it on CL last night. We'll see if it sells. The air stone skimmer is starting to work more properly, but like you said, I need more (fish) in my tank to make the water dirty for there to actually be anything to skim.

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

So last time I checked in I had done a water change two days ago. I had also moved the hammer coral to a spot with a little less flow. Good news on the hammer is he is nice and full looks to be doing good. The star polyps are still doing good (they must be pretty hardy). My candy cane coral is looking bad and shriveled up. I moved him to about the middle of the tank to get some better light and see if that helps. The zoa's aren't looking good either but I'll just give it some more time.
I checked my salinity and because my skimmer is still overflowing sometimes (and I wasn't replacing the water taken out of the skimmer with salt water) my salinity was down to 32ppt. So today I did another water change with water that tested at 35ppt. Anyways, that's it for today. Gonna do my tests a little later and see how everything comes out. I didn't test yesterday. Figured I've tested everyday till now I might as well just not worry about it and skip a day.
Once I am happy with how my tank is all running (skimmer/levels/frags staying alive) I will get back to finishing this thing 100%. Right now I just have a fuge light laying across the top of the fuge and the cables for my Kessil's are still just strung up.

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Figured I'd make a video for everyone. Doesn't show the colors too great, and I need to upload it with a higher quality next time. But here ya go. New Davinci Clowns and a new hammer coral in this video as well.

[video=youtube_share;oqoNL99g6xM]http://youtu.be/oqoNL99g6xM[/video]

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! One of the best parts of the hobby is adding the first few fish and coral; seeing them in the system you've spent so much time and worked so hard on. The next best part is adding more complex fish (for me I added a powder blue and a purple tang) and watching those frags take off. Cool tank bro

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gettaReef! And I agree it is the best part for sure! I loved the build process but seeing fish swim in there and watching the coral sway is just indescribable.

ak_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easy to see how this is an addiction! Eric those clowns are gorgeous glad they sold them to you!

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I forgot to mention that I picked up a Nuvo 16g. (Wanted the 24g but it's on back order for weeks and I didn't want to wait. I filled it up and gonna start the cycle on that tank. It will be my quarantine tank for any new additions. (As long as they aren't too big for the 16g) I'll have to get some better lighting before putting coral in it after it's established. But it'll do for now. Here's a pic for ya. And now I have a spot to put my testing supplies. I need to get a pic with both tanks. It looks good having a tank on each side of the fireplace.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1400492223.278386.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1400492248.070597.jpg

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know what happens at 3am when your at work. Your mind wonders on how you can better your tank. Already planning a new sump design which will allow for more additions. Such as reactors, ozone, uv sterilizer. Punch a hole through the wall to the laundry room and then into the garage where I could have an external sump and then under my tank could be free space or I could have a smaller sump with the fuge just out in the garage. My mind is just runnin with ideas tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using REEF2REEF

mannyfresh78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know what happens at 3am when your at work. Your mind wonders on how you can better your tank. Already planning a new sump design which will allow for more additions. Such as reactors, ozone, uv sterilizer. Punch a hole through the wall to the laundry room and then into the garage where I could have an external sump and then under my tank could be free space or I could have a smaller sump with the fuge just out in the garage. My mind is just runnin with ideas tonight!

Now that is some brain....lol.amen

mannyfresh78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that happens to most of us.
The only problem with that, Can your wallet keep up the pace? lol

Well techn. Yes but to do a DIYers yes it's a possible. Now im building my full spec. LED light bar with fan, dimmers and all.
Also I'm about to start buildind and doing custom aquariums at a very fair price not over price like everyone else....
Anything is possible just with planing and back up plans yet having using finesse.

mannyfresh78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes prob easier said then done but you got to man or pull out your WALLET BRO...LOL RITE RITE

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well techn. Yes but to do a DIYers yes it's a possible. Now im building my full spec. LED light bar with fan, dimmers and all.
Also I'm about to start buildind and doing custom aquariums at a very fair price not over price like everyone else....
Anything is possible just with planing and back up plans yet having using finesse.

True manny. It is cheaper to go the DIY route in which I love doing things myself. But then again, when it comes to building a sump, I'd rather just let a builder do that part for me. I'll do all the rest of the work.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, this is true Marty! Gotta go at a pace that my wallet can keep up with.

I can say this after going through my recent build, which was done partly as the ideas came up. lol

OP
OP
inkedsparkster

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all projects are 100 percent planned out ahead of time. I had no idea my build was gonna cost so much. But it came out awesome, so I'm happy with it.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not all projects are 100 percent planned out ahead of time. I had no idea my build was gonna cost so much. But it came out awesome, so I'm happy with it.

It did turn out awesome.
You did a good job.

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang good set-up man... i am still saving up for a sump to replace my canisters and hopefully get some LED lighting later to replace my T5's..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back