Working on my 3rd trident in the matter of months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Xyloxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start off by saying, I love my apex and everything about it. Especially the Trident. (When it works.) I started having issues similar to my first trident a few weeks back after I had some internet problems. They were installing new lines in my area wich cause me to loose the internet for a few hours. No big deal. It was at this time, by coincidence I presume that I began having issues. I started having test a failures which I attempted to resolve by all the solutions presented by neptune themselves. Then, one day. Test a worked but it would fail at b. Also, the blue indicator light did not work anymore and the magnet did not spin in the cuvette. Thats when I opened another ticket. I went through all the motions of product replacement. I paid my 99 bucks on the 3rd. Still haven't received my new one or even had any communication with neptune besides an email I sent asking for a status update. The reply basically said they have to produce a new one and test it, which is fine. All in all, I still love apex and everything about it, even trident. I just wish they were a little more resilient. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I am on my third also... their service has been great so I don't get too upset about it but my latest has been working perfectly.... it makes some odd clicking noises while the pump is running now...... I guess I will have to wait and see if its going to be a problem. Other than the issues I love everything about my apex!

OP
OP
Xyloxo

Xyloxo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the new trident and began installation, just like with the other two I've had now. Following the first attempt at initialization, I got a no water sample error. i then went through the troubleshooting steps and even went as far to swap a new sample line in. After ANOTHER FAIL, I opened the drawer to discover the inside of the trident, under the drawer there was a large pool of blue reagent. I wiped it up to try to see where it was coming from, I noticed it was coming from the very bottom pump. Additionally, the reagents sent with the unit leaked in the box. I am honestly getting pretty tired of sending units back and forth as this is my 3rd one in the matter of a few months. When it works, I love it but right now, I'm very, very frustrated. And for a 600$ piece of equipment, it should be near flawless.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back