OP
OP
P

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive just sold most of my collection at this point, i keep a couple of the high end varieties but im mostly an lps & sps guy, i could care less for zoanthids really, the fact they are toxic is not worth it in my opinion, i recently spoke with a lady that keeps lots of zoas and she has had sepsis twice from working with them.... yeah im good on all that hahahah ill stick to my ultra high end lps and sps.

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but cyano has an awful smell and is also slightly toxic. Perhaps this is contributing to the headache, not just the zoanthids?

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im tired of feeling like i have the flu after i work with them lol I know about palytoxin but im lazy and usually dont wear ppe when handling them and it always comes back to bite me, anybody else have this experience ?
OK so you know why you're getting sick and you know how to prevent it but you choose not to. And you're complaining why......?

1570842196855.png

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“I know about palytoxin but im lazy and usually dont wear ppe when handling them and it always comes back to bite me, anybody else have this experience ?”

Wear gloves, glasses, and a mask?
One spray into your eye and it could make you go blind. Not something to play around with...
Not sure what the question is...

OP
OP
P

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so you know why you're getting sick and you know how to prevent it but you choose not to. And you're complaining why......?

1570842196855.png
what about my original post is complaining? I was merely stating my experience and looking for insight as to whether this happens to others, which I have come to find that it happens to many, go ahead and get paly toxin in your bloodstream lol im good on all that, read my above post I liquidated my zoanthids aint nobody got time for that, so keep ur memes to yourself.

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about my original post is complaining? I was merely stating my experience and looking for insight as to whether this happens to others, which I have come to find that it happens to many, go ahead and get paly toxin in your bloodstream lol im good on all that, read my above post I liquidated my zoanthids aint nobody got time for that, so keep ur memes to yourself.
Dude, it's a joke. Calm down.

I know better than to poison my self reefing.

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks a bit like an allergical reaction. I am myself allergical against fresh water green cyano but not against the saltwater kinds. It took me 40 years to develop that.
I would just take out all zoas and forget about it. If it is allergical it will just get worse and worse.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back