World’s First automatic Frozen Fish Food Feeder set to debut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the world of automatic fish food feeders, the category does not exist, yet. However, we’ve been following InD Creations for several months now on their progress towards achieving their Automatic Frozen fish food feeder. The device will feed seven whole cubes of frozen food using the standard carousel and feeding once a day. A […]
Source

Continue reading...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a device and a product space that has solid potential. I did get a chance to see this proto in Rod’s booth at MACNA. With a introduction date that is still at least a year away it will be interesting to see if this really is the first automatic frozen feeder or if someone else will come out with a version sooner.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an email from them the other day. I'm still not sure about the whole thing.

Here's the Big Kicker
$8400

Main Link To Sight.

Here's a link to their Archives if anyone wants to check it out.

Edit: the 8400 is actually what they had Pledged at that time, now up to $15000+

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I follow inD Creations on IG as well and am hopeful. Whether or not this is the first or best company that will bring this type of solution to market, I’m not sure. I do believe that this type of product is overdue and I look forward to getting a few automatic frozen food feeders to use for my systems.

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of odd that they are using 3D printing for their final product, especially one that size. You’d like that printing is dedicated to prototypes, unless it’s an EXTREMELY small product line.

We're not planning to use 3D printing for the final product and if we do it will be nylon SLS, basically just gives the plastic a uniform matte finish(and is arguably better than injection molding). We are a small company and instead of selling our idea/patent to one of the big fish we've chosen to build this ourselves. Every picture so far, has been of a prototype grade unit - the production models will be much more refined than what you have seen thus far.

Last edited:

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does, or how do people suspect it works?
The aF4 works utilizing thermoelectric cooling to keep a small chamber below freezing as long as the unit is connected to power. A control unit allows users to schedule multiple times of day/days of the week to dispense food. This unit also displays the unit temperature, remaining feeds and the ability to feed on demand.

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our kickstarter price is $219 for the base package and $279 for the ultimate package.

Lots of good questions here and I apologize for not consolidating my responses, I think I just figured out how to do that...

Last edited:

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Considering that most reefers have some sort of mesh lid, how would you incorporate this? I love the idea but can't figure out how I would use it with my lid.

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aF4 works utilizing thermoelectric cooling to keep a small chamber below freezing as long as the unit is connected to power. A control unit allows users to schedule multiple times of day/days of the week to dispense food. This unit also displays the unit temperature, remaining feeds and the ability to feed on demand.
Neat idea for sure, could be a game changer for sure.

I would update the kickstarter to mention the TEC, I was originally going to ask how you managed to keep things frozen with only distilled water and a radiator. That would do it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[...]
Lots of good questions here and I apologize for not consolidating my responses, I think I just figured out how to do that...

No worries! You’re here on R2R and you’re answering questions. That is what most of us are looking for - thank you! :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 60 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 65 54.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.6%

Back