World’s First automatic Frozen Fish Food Feeder set to debut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering that most reefers have some sort of mesh lid, how would you incorporate this? I love the idea but can't figure out how I would use it with my lid.

Utilizing the accessory dock, you can mount the aF4 in the sump cabinet and feed the defrosted food through the return pump intake or with a 1/2" pipe or tube directly into the aquarium.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't often back Kickstarter projects, but I'm down with this one and hope it gets enough backing to proceed.
A frozen fish food feeder is something that gets mentioned in every hobby innovation thread here.
All I ever feed is frozen food, so going on vacation can be tricky; most of my fish don't even seem to consider pellets as 'food'.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pay up front, but you are only charged if the project reaches its funding goal in the allotted time.
No charges until the project meets its goal. Final production price is often higher than the price paid by backers.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I ever feed is frozen food, so going on vacation can be tricky; most of my fish don't even seem to consider pellets as 'food'.

That’s exactly how mine were, I suppose I spoiled them.

This project took priority for me when my favorite copperband died while I was away on a two week trip. To add insult to injury my previously aiptasia free tank was nearly overrun by the pests in her absence.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've built everything for my Tank DIY and just posted that a Frozen AUto Feeder was next on my list.
Why make when you can buy. If price is right, and works well.

So it's a Cool-a-Tron with a Feeding Carousel. Nice idea!!
Will be interesting to see where you can place it (and keep cold) to get food into tank. (My tank top is a bit warm with T5 lights.)
Next challenge is I pre-melt and syringe inject the food (below water Surface), so just dropping frozen cube isn't ideal for me. Goes down overflow.

Has good potential if there are trays you can pre-freeze in your freezer and swap in.
I am trying to cut back to dumping whole cubes into Tank. I now rinse the frozen (not always, but more often).
So if you can make your own cubes for the Feeder. Fantastic!! (Rinse, mix in with RO water, and re-freeze)

Terrp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our kickstarter price is $219 for the base package and $279 for the ultimate package.

I linked to the kickstarter sign up through inD Creations' website and pledged for the ultimate package. I have a need for this. I travel a lot (and I can get lazy or tied up with work when in town), so I have to rely on feeders. I'm currently limited to fish that are happy with pellets. It would be really great to have a couple of automated frozen feeders to open up my options. Plus, I like the idea of helping an innovative product get off the ground to expand the hobby.

For others who are interested, note that there are only a limited number of pre-order kickstarter pledges available with the discounted pricing, and the pledge goals need to be hit by December 4 (they're just over half way there today). If you want to help get this off the ground AND get the reduced pricing, better not wait too long...

|sCRIBe|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never drop a cube of straight frozen in my tank. I always defrost and marinate it with other products so this won’t work for me.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I didn’t even think about that!! Great idea!!
I have an extra screen panel built with a PVC fitting (with a grate in the bottom to prevent jumpers). I replace one of my three panels which this one when I travel so my sitter just needs to drop the frozen food in the fitting. Once the food melts, it slowing enters the tank and feeds my fish. I’ve been using it for three years and works great.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An adder to the electric bill, looks like $80 per year to run.
I have two thoughts on this one...

First, you don’’t need to run it all the time if you only plan to use it when you’re away from the tank. My second thought is I pay my sitter $20 a day to stop by and feed my tank. Four days out of town for me will pay the power bill for a years, assuming I left it up 24x7x365.

Looking at it another way, if I don’t have to hire the sitter anymore, only use it when I’m going out of town, the ROI should be fast considering how much I travel in a year. $20 a day adds up quick! ;)

GoGo98102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly hope this project will be better than Fishbit the “Neptune Apex killer” and Moai, the robotic aquarium glass cleaner- sadly, none of them ever came out or refunded backers’ money.

Back