World’s First automatic Frozen Fish Food Feeder set to debut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an email from them the other day. I'm still not sure about the whole thing.

Here's the Big Kicker
$8400

Main Link To Sight.

Here's a link to their Archives if anyone wants to check it out.

Edit: the 8400 is actually what they had Pledged at that time, now up to $15000+

Wow! I guess I'll continue to feed by hand every day. I feed 80 to 90% frozen in my tanks.

Last edited:

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our kickstarter price is $219 for the base package and $279 for the ultimate package.

Lots of good questions here and I apologize for not consolidating my responses, I think I just figured out how to do that...
Ok. That's much more doable than the price hinted at before. Phew! Thanks for making it affordable for the little guys and gals that enjoy this hobby. :)

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't often back Kickstarter projects, but I'm down with this one and hope it gets enough backing to proceed.
A frozen fish food feeder is something that gets mentioned in every hobby innovation thread here.
All I ever feed is frozen food, so going on vacation can be tricky; most of my fish don't even seem to consider pellets as 'food'.

Same here. My clowns will eat pellets and I have a few fish who enjoy flakes, but most of my fish will not touch anything but live or frozen foods.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I linked to the kickstarter sign up through inD Creations' website and pledged for the ultimate package. I have a need for this. I travel a lot (and I can get lazy or tied up with work when in town), so I have to rely on feeders. I'm currently limited to fish that are happy with pellets. It would be really great to have a couple of automated frozen feeders to open up my options. Plus, I like the idea of helping an innovative product get off the ground to expand the hobby.

For others who are interested, note that there are only a limited number of pre-order kickstarter pledges available with the discounted pricing, and the pledge goals need to be hit by December 4 (they're just over half way there today). If you want to help get this off the ground AND get the reduced pricing, better not wait too long...
For others who are interested, note that there are only a limited number of pre-order kickstarter pledges available with the discounted pricing, a
Ok. I'm still confused how this works. If I pledge for the Ultimate package, does that mean I automatically get one for that price, meaning, am I automatically one of the first 50 to get this package at this price, or do I still have to try and snag one during the first hour that it becomes available to the public? I think I read in the updated info that it wold be made public and only the first 50 respondents within that specified hour would get the discounted price. Can someone clarify please? Thanks.

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I'm still confused how this works. If I pledge for the Ultimate package, does that mean I automatically get one for that price, meaning, am I automatically one of the first 50 to get this package at this price, or do I still have to try and snag one during the first hour that it becomes available to the public? I think I read in the updated info that it wold be made public and only the first 50 respondents within that specified hour would get the discounted price. Can someone clarify please? Thanks.

Happy to clarify!

Whatever package you pledge for, that’s what you pay regardless of where the price goes for retail!

That first 50 business was for the first day that our Kickstarter went live, that’s already passed so no need to worry about it.

If you have any other questions feel free to dm me or post here, happy to help.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to clarify!

Whatever package you pledge for, that’s what you pay regardless of where the price goes for retail!

That first 50 business was for the first day that our Kickstarter went live, that’s already passed so no need to worry about it.

If you have any other questions feel free to dm me or post here, happy to help.
Thank you! Pledge has been placed! I hope you/we hit the goal!

Last edited:

waldend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend looking into feeding Larry’s (LRS) Fertility Frenzy with this feeder. With the gel binder included in the food you actually feed the entire cube but obviously it stays as the cube until the fish tear it apart during feeding.

Last edited:

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great idea! Looking forward to its refinement, completion and release. It will take the pressure off my Nanny and worries off of me when we leave town !

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly hope this project will be better than Fishbit the “Neptune Apex killer” and Moai, the robotic aquarium glass cleaner- sadly, none of them ever came out or refunded backers’ money.
I've funded 3 kickstarters, 0-3. I got my money back on 2. That's enough to sour me.

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've funded 3 kickstarters, 0-3. I got my money back on 2. That's enough to sour me.

Totally understand the sentiment, I’m 1 for 3 myself. I got a cool electric skateboard, I still don’t have a robot aquarium cleaner or a super cool aquarium controller (but at least they refunded me.)

I know a lot of people have lost faith in crowdfunding efforts so with the aF4 I attempted to be different in several ways.

1. I’ve done the majority of R/D out of pocket on my own prior to announcing the product (I continue to test, refine and ask the aquarium community what else it could use every day).

This product could technically ship as is, it already works. I’m raising money to polish the design(it’s still kinda ugly), run it through rigorous testing, make sure it’s 100% safe to plug in around the world and prepare it for mass production (id lose my mind hand making 1000s of these...)

2. I’ve set a very attainable ship date of NOV 2020. Optimistically, I would like to say we’ll be shipping summer 2020 but I would rather ship early and surprise everyone, than ship late and disappoint everyone.

3. I went with Kickstarter instead of indiegogo for the sole reason that Kickstarter verifies the campaign has a working prototype versus indiegogo allowing the funding of just an “idea”. They spent 10 days reviewing my campaign, videos and images and then asked for supplemental video. After reviewing the additional video they approved my campaign.

I was impressed with the review process and although it caused me to launch a week later than I planned, I appreciated it being there.

I’ve also been giving my subscribers weekly updates on what’s been going on, even if there wasn’t much to say because I think communication is important.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ready to pledge but need some clarification first. Seems like the max you can feed is ONE cube per day, is that right? I have a 225 gallon reef and feed more than that. Are you talking standard size cubes?

Neil S.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our kickstarter price is $219 for the base package and $279 for the ultimate package.

Lots of good questions here and I apologize for not consolidating my responses, I think I just figured out how to do that...
This does look like a product I'd be interested in. Thanks for posting the information. I've found you're Kickstarter page. located here:

inDcreations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ready to pledge but need some clarification first. Seems like the max you can feed is ONE cube per day, is that right? I have a 225 gallon reef and feed more than that. Are you talking standard size cubes?
Yeah full cubes like the Hikari or San Francisco Bay brand for example.

Right now we’re software limited to four feeds per day, but based on feedback we’re likely going to max that out for people with heavy feeding needs.

With the XL you can either feed exclusively from one and then the other for a total of 14 cubes and maximum energy efficiency or you can feed from both simultaneously. Feeding from both at the same time would be advantageous if you’re feeding at opposite ends of the tank or if you’ve got multiple tanks to feed (reasonably close together.)

Back