World Wide Corals Fall FLASH SALE! Fall in love with these discounts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my corals in today - hooray! But the zoas have both bubble algae and aiptasia...
20201117_130403.jpg
Oh man that sucks. How do you get aiptasia off of a frag plug? My frags are coming tomorrow

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my corals in today - hooray! But the zoas have both bubble algae and aiptasia...
20201117_130403.jpg
We try super hard to screen our frags before they go out, zoas can be difficult to screen sometimes. Please throw that frag away and contact us via email or PM and we'll be glad to ship you out a new one along with a free frag.

Aere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We try super hard to screen our frags before they go out, zoas can be difficult to screen sometimes. Please throw that frag away and contact us via email or PM and we'll be glad to ship you out a new one along with a free frag.
@WWC I emailed and was talking with a rep, then I just stopped getting replies. I had several corals DOA, and a couple that bit the dust shortly thereafter, The bags smelled like straight death when I opened them, and I definitely have aiptasia on some frags (Pictured), as well as some other weird hitchhikers that I did my best to pick off. I get that stuff slips through and crap happens. But this seems a little much, frags covered in them, as well as are others. Quality control slipping? I spent A LOT of money, literally 6 grand. Very disappointed, and I'm not even receiving customer service and having to post here, which sucks.

I emailed again yesterday morning, and even called and someone said I would get a call back. Still haven't received a reply or call back. I have all the original emails I can forward. Would just like to be taken care of. Call me crazy but I think someone who drops 6 grand should be taken care of.

Despite all this I bought a jumanji bounce yesterday hoping to catch someones attention with the note field in order checkout. Still notta.

Normally I wouldn't go all Karen, but at a loss here....

Attachments

• 20201115_160441.jpg
    20201115_160441.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC I emailed and was talking with a rep, then I just stopped getting replies. I had several corals DOA, and a couple that bit the dust shortly thereafter, The bags smelled like straight death when I opened them, and I definitely have aiptasia on some frags (Pictured), as well as some other weird hitchhikers that I did my best to pick off. I get that stuff slips through and crap happens. But this seems a little much, frags covered in them, as well as are others. Quality control slipping? I spent A LOT of money, literally 6 grand. Very disappointed, and I'm not even receiving customer service and having to post here, which sucks.

I emailed again yesterday morning, and even called and someone said I would get a call back. Still haven't received a reply or call back. I have all the original emails I can forward. Would just like to be taken care of. Call me crazy but I think someone who drops 6 grand should be taken care of.

Despite all this I bought a jumanji bounce yesterday hoping to catch someones attention with the note field in order checkout. Still notta.

Normally I wouldn't go all Karen, but at a loss here....
We tried to reach out to you via phone today. Your order and replacements were already scheduled to ship out today. Please contact us back if you have any more questions.

El Grunto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that sucks. How do you get aiptasia off of a frag plug? My frags are coming tomorrow
I've read a few things that might work. You can use Aiptasia X but I've read that many people have had a huge outbreak after using it. I'm guessing it kills the main but in the process spores are released. Since these are on a plug you might be able to avoid the spores being released into the tank since you can treat the frag in a bowl. I've heard that true peppermint shrimp will eat aiptasia but that's not guaranteed. I also read that injecting the stem with a kalk paste or lemon juice using a hypodermic needle can kill it.

Regardless of what method works, WWC emailed me this morning in addition to their comment here saying to just toss the infested frag and a replacement along with another free frag will be sent out. I'll see what I can do to salvage the frag but there's like 6 heads of aiptasia on it and they're pretty small right now. So I don't know how much luck I'll have with the needle and my not super steady hands.
Thank you. I got your email this morning and replied to it.

Aere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We tried to reach out to you via phone today. Your order and replacements were already scheduled to ship out today. Please contact us back if you have any more questions.
Thanks. All squared away. Got a phone call and taken care of. Appreciate you guys stepping up.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my frags yesterday and only one little aiptasia

Good Afternoon,

Our sincere apologies Damion. This is completely unacceptable on our end. Please email us at [email protected] and we would be more than happy to take care of you however we can.

Kind regards,
Moises

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,

Our sincere apologies Damion. This is completely unacceptable on our end. Please email us at [email protected] and we would be more than happy to take care of you however we can.

Kind regards,
Moises
This is my first time buying corals online and you guys have been great.

El Grunto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my replacement and freebie today. Both look to be free of pests. The zoa only has 3 polyps but the free cotton candy aussie lord acan more than makes up for that in my mind. Thanks for the support, WWC!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my replacement and freebie today. Both look to be free of pests. The zoa only has 3 polyps but the free cotton candy aussie lord acan more than makes up for that in my mind. Thanks for the support, WWC!
Hey, so glad to hear that you are glad with those replacements

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back