World Wide Corals Fragtoberfest 2018 2 Day LIVE SALE! Oct. 6&7th!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m disappointed with what happened to my order. WWC shipped Wednesday for Thursday delivery, when no package showed today I found out Fed Ex had a two day delivery order....I live less than 3 hours from WWC and next day delivery failed.
Shipment was redirected back to WWC to try delivery again next week. I’ve lost all confidence on receiving healthy corals that I bought. Even if replacement is offered, I don’t believe they’ll match what was originally ordered.
It’s hard to believe that the ball was completely dropped on such a close delivery, not to mention my plan and a vacation day wasted to be at home for delivery and acclimation.
$50 gift card didn’t work during purchase either, should have sat this one out, live and learn.

Hey Eggs, sorry to hear that! If @WWC hasn't reached out to you already, I'm sure they will. After participating in my first LS with them earlier this year, I had something similar happen to me. I was checking status over and over, and it finally updated to "DELIVERY EXCEPTION - RETURN TO SENDER" A new FedEx guy was running the route in my neighborhood, and claimed that my address didn't exist. I called FedEx immediately, made them get to the bottom of it, and they said driver noted that my address didn't exist (even though the main FedEx checked and saw there clearly WASN'T an issue), however the driver went a step further and said that he contacted @WWC and they said to ship everything back to them. Which obviously we know is complete and utter BS! @WWC also called FedEx, and I was able to schedule a meet-up with the driver to get my corals.

Obviously it doesn't look like you were this lucky, but with the reputation @WWC has, I have no doubt they will make this right for you!

FedEx can really suck sometimes!

Keith Swider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

I got my corals yesterday. My long polyp leather was laying over in the bag. Dipped it and put it into my tank. It is still laying over 12 hours later. I am new to the hobby. Is this normal? Please help.

20181011_171503.jpg

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC or anyone else, do you all recommend putting all frags towards to bottom and slowly move them up to acclimate? I have a lot of SPS coming and think it is best to put them higher to get more light. I have frag racks ready. Just wondering what you all do when you acclimate your coral.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC or anyone else, do you all recommend putting all frags towards to bottom and slowly move them up to acclimate? I have a lot of SPS coming and think it is best to put them higher to get more light. I have frag racks ready. Just wondering what you all do when you acclimate your coral.
With SPS, I think you will find that most people start frags off lower, and move them up to their final destination over time so that they can acclimate. It doesn't need to be a long acclimation period - I usually take a week or two, depending on how the frags look as time goes on. A lot also depends on what kind of light you have, and the lights that were in use at the seller.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my frags yesterday, so far so good, everything is the usual high quality. Loving the free frag too - I think that's a promotion that WWC should stick with!

One question on a blue heron turbinaria I bought - from the name, and from the frag picture, I was thinking this was a frag of turbinaria heronensis. Anyone know if that is the case?

I'm so glad that everything arrived in excellent condition! We do free frags on our live sales from time to time... We can't be too predictable :)

I’m disappointed with what happened to my order. WWC shipped Wednesday for Thursday delivery, when no package showed today I found out Fed Ex had a two day delivery order....I live less than 3 hours from WWC and next day delivery failed.
Shipment was redirected back to WWC to try delivery again next week. I’ve lost all confidence on receiving healthy corals that I bought. Even if replacement is offered, I don’t believe they’ll match what was originally ordered.
It’s hard to believe that the ball was completely dropped on such a close delivery, not to mention my plan and a vacation day wasted to be at home for delivery and acclimation.
$50 gift card didn’t work during purchase either, should have sat this one out, live and learn.

We are very sorry about the situation. The issue actually stemmed from FedEx accidentally misorting the package to Cocoa, FL instead of South, FL. That is why it showed up to be delivered on Friday rather than Thursday. Our shipping software is automatically designated to send everything as priority overnight. As soon as we heard there was an issue I called FedEx straight away to have them have them redirect the package back to us as soon as possible. Amazingly the corals arrived to us yesterday afternoon and they are all in perfect condition! We have them set aside where they will await to be shipped next week. FYI, if you'd like them to be delivered on a day your off so you don't have to take another day off (i.e next Sat) we can easily make that happen.

Please consider the following - FedEx is actually incredibly efficient (much better than their competitors from what I've seen in my 20 years plus of experience in this industry). To give you an example, we've shipped over 300 packages this week and there've been only 2 delays (yours and 1 other)! So all things considered with this Hurricane nailing the panhandle and ripping through much of the South East that's pretty amazing! So please don't lose hope, this is just one small hiccup in the grand scheme of things. It might be personally painful, but the chances of it happening again are very, very small.

We appreciate your patience and best regards,

Chris T

I was wondering when the raffles would be done. Sry if someone has already asked.

We will be working on having the raffle by the end of the day!

Last edited:

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With SPS, I think you will find that most people start frags off lower, and move them up to their final destination over time so that they can acclimate. It doesn't need to be a long acclimation period - I usually take a week or two, depending on how the frags look as time goes on. A lot also depends on what kind of light you have, and the lights that were in use at the seller.

I have 2X Hydra 26. I guess I should ask @WWC what they use and their settings.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC what lights do you use and what settings and timing do you keep your frags tanks at?

Ecotech Radion Gen 4 Pros and if you send us an email to [email protected] we can share our schedule.

We are experience high email volume, it could take a little bit to respond but we will answer it: :)

gilman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Corals today and all i can say if WOW !!!!

@WWC are you shipping the swagpack winner the swag packs seperate ? I got a tshirt but nothing else .

E42EDF69-1659-4D0B-9A20-0A19A3584CD7.jpeg

3C465103-521C-4BDA-B181-5091B75D608F.jpeg

FE6FF7F0-3846-458D-A116-ED119DABDCE8.jpeg

189CDC61-A304-49A1-B0E7-4EE9396E41CB.jpeg

942A6B4E-D099-44E9-9111-D5E44A4A992E.jpeg

CBE4EE84-BB34-48FB-912E-BFDAF66C6989.jpeg

16749D9C-A3D9-478B-B26C-622DBC5803E4.jpeg

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC, do you guys check your “contact” email???? All I am getting is an auto-responder. Emailed yesterday and today. Don’t wish to post a problem here on the forum. Thanks!

They are super backed up on emails. They will answer, give them a chance it has been a hectic week for them.

gilman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spiderman’s opened right up ! I couldnt be happier except I wish I bought more !

Shipping was extremly well done also .

1BF16F11-B7E4-48D8-8D23-C7221F73B439.jpeg

E38782B1-4E95-45A9-9BC9-D81D9F7AE97D.jpeg

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC, do you guys check your “contact” email???? All I am getting is an auto-responder. Emailed yesterday and today. Don’t wish to post a problem here on the forum. Thanks!

We are going through them as quickly as we can and we will have someone get back to as soon as possible! We are sorry for the delay.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We just responded to your email. Thanks again for contacting us!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back