View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seawitch submitted a new Article:

World Wide Corals is Expanding The Business and Moving to Two New Locations

NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

World Wide Corals Announces the Business is Expanding and Moving to Two New Locations in the Orlando, Florida Area

ORLANDO, Florida (December 19, 2018)—World Wide Corals announced today that the business is expanding and moving to two new locations. The current retail business operating on S Orange Blossom Trail will be moving to a massive new premises at 5402 Central Florida Parkway. Their on-land coral farm--one of the largest in the world--will also be moving to this same location. A second retail location will also be opening on the other side of Orlando in Winter Park, Florida at 1909 Aloma Avenue #A.

Both new locations are expected to be open in the late spring of 2019. Once the Central Florida Parkway location is operational, the previous retail location will close.

World Wide Corals imports, farms, sells, and ships corals all over the lower 48 states and Alaska. They also operate a large online business as well as an arm that installs and services aquariums locally. They opened their first retail store in 2007. Authentic and high-quality photos of their corals are made possible by having a professional photographer on staff.

Drawing of new location.
r2rwwcnewstore-jpg.922593

Drawing courtesy of World Wide Corals, ©2018, All Rights Reserved.

Lou Schiavo, Chief Operating Officer, said, "Having the World Wide Corals Farm on site with our retail store will give us the ability to farm more corals and increase the diversity of what corals we are farming and offering for sale. The future of the saltwater hobby is not only in the advancement of the equipment but in the livestock practices. We consider ourselves trailblazers in our industry with over 10 years of experience refining sustainable indoor coral farming and fish breeding, and it has always been a dream of ours to have the retail store and coral farm in one central location." With the expansion of their business they are seeking to hire the highest quality talent.

Some information in this news release previously appeared in an article on ReefBuilders.

Drawing of new coral farm operation.
r2rwwcfarmnew-jpg.922594

Drawing courtesy of World Wide Corals, ©2018, All Rights Reserved.

About World Wide Corals

World Wide Corals seeks to differentiate themselves from other vendors by offering transparency in their husbandry practices, raising ultra-healthy specimens, and offering a no-hassle guarantee. Purchases from the online store have a 10-day guarantee. They aim to set the industry standards for on-land farming, shipping, and over-and-above customer service.

Contact Information

Web: https://worldwidecorals.com/
Phone: 407.856.2066 / 1.855.WWC.REEF
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/worldwidecorals
Twitter: https://twitter.com/worldwidecorals
Instagram: https://instagram.com/worldwidecorals
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/worldwidecorals
Reef2Reef: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/world-wide-corals.168/

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i’ve just noticed a trend with articles lately. it’s all churn and burn with no emphasis on substance anymore. might be the new norm, i’m not sure. it’s very upsetting to see the standards have been lowered. articles used to be for those who put a lot of thought, effort and even research into their work. now it appears that you can write about any opinion of yours and it’s article, with a 100 word count nonetheless.

it’s not my business why/how the standards have been lowered, i just wanted to voice my opinion. it’s shared with several others. we’ve noticed this decline and we would like the bar raised back up to where it was.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve just noticed a trend with articles lately. it’s all churn and burn with no emphasis on substance anymore. might be the new norm, i’m not sure. it’s very upsetting to see the standards have been lowered. articles used to be for those who put a lot of thought, effort and even research into their work. now it appears that you can write about any opinion of yours and it’s article, with a 100 word count nonetheless.

it’s not my business why/how the standards have been lowered, i just wanted to voice my opinion. it’s shared with several others. we’ve noticed this decline and we would like the bar raised back up to where it was.
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but not all article must be acedemic papers or dissertations. This one for example is just showing the expansion of one of the best LFS in the country, not sure why that is an issue. In the future if you have an issue with things like this please pm a staff member as not to derail a thread.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m not sure how this is considered an article.
Hmmmm an article of clothing? ....A news article? .....Informational? educational? instructional?.......Hmmm why did I reference clothing? because news papers and magazines used to be called RAGS ;) and are filled with Articles ......and Yes, today I have time on my hands:p

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but not all article must be acedemic papers or dissertations. This one for example is just showing the expansion of one of the best LFS in the country, not sure why that is an issue. In the future if you have an issue with things like this please pm a staff member as not to derail a thread.

like i said, upsetting. but i will digress.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cromag27 in all fairness you are correct I have noticed the same. When I first joined the articles were like reading the Journal Science and Now are meant to spur interaction and activity . So it seems to me.

But Hey BIG CONGRATULATIONS to WWC and KODO'S on building a well greased machine!

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cromag27 in all fairness you are correct I have noticed the same. When I first joined the articles were like reading the Journal Science and Now are meant to spur interaction and activity . So it seems to me.

But Hey BIG CONGRATULATIONS to WWC and KODO'S on building a well greased machine!

This sums up my sentiment pretty well, but I really don't care one way ore the other. I'm to the point now where I just don't read the articles unless the title tickles my fancy.

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear @declanisadog @siggy @cromag27 and @BZOFIQ I'm sorry that you don't like what's been going up lately. I'd like to address the comments and concerns one at a time:

1. I answer to @revhtree and @mdbannister if that wasn't clear. And R2R is not a charitable affair. It's a for-profit enterprise. That means that keeping sponsors happy is very important. The news about WWC is big news for them, and I was asked to prepare a (quasi-) press release for them. So that's what I did.

2. @Pedoconfuego Mariculture implies farming in the ocean. WWC farms only on land, so it's appropriate to say so. Farming coral on land is more difficult, and WWC is trying to raise the bar on that.

3. The articles section is the only place on the website to post anything related to sponsors, so that's how it's done. Featured "articles" are rotated onto the front page, and that's how things like this news release get publicity. This is not a practice that started with me. If you go back, you'll see that by mid-2016, there started to be plenty of sponsor-related things on the articles page. It's inevitable. The good news is that sponsor-related material is labeled clearly as such, so the reader doesn't have to bother with those pieces if that doesn't interest him or her. Sponsor material is here to stay.

4. As far as the material generally deteriorating, I'm sorry you feel that way. The fact is that R2R would like to see more beginner pieces to attract more of the beginner population. R2R would also like to convert FW enthusiasts to SW. There are many many more beginners than there are experienced folks like yourselves.

5. My mandate is also to allow forum members to continue to contribute, so whatever people want to write about is fine with me. Some pieces come to me already finished and need very little work. Some pieces come and need a lot of work either because they're not understandable or they're not written in good English. Or both. I'm also going backwards and editing older articles, many of which sorely need it.

6. As far as publishing more advanced pieces, I'm limited by either A) what's submitted to me from forum members or B) what I write myself or C) what we pay freelancers to write. Keep in mind that long, advanced, heavily researched and annotated pieces are much more time consuming and cost more if you hire them out. There's a limited budget for freelancers.

7. It's easy to complain, but it's harder to take the time and tell me or @revhtree or @mdbannister, kindly, and exactly what you want. And, by the way, if you tell them, they're going to tell me, so you'll save time if you just tell me.

8. Maybe some of you would like to write the kinds of pieces you want. Have at it. Go ahead. Either produce what you want to see or just tell us (nicely) what you want, and we will try to give it to you.

9. Many of you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. I might be working with an author fine-tuning a piece. I've spent the last 2 weeks working with an author on getting permissions to use photos from other websites in his very long and detailed piece with dozens of photos. That's hours of work. I have a calendar of articles to go up, pieces queued for publication, and articles I'm working on myself. I'm creating a database of previous articles, so it's easier to search through them (there are hundreds of them.) I take suggestions from the bosses and try to turn them into something engaging and useful.

10. When I ask for help, volunteer. I asked for volunteers for reefer profiles, and I heard from 3 people. Two of those profiles have been done, and one is in the works. I asked for volunteers to talk about breeding, and I heard from 3 people. Those are in the works. Maybe you're someone who is interested in reading articles before publication and giving me your opinions? Let me know that. I would much prefer to have any of you on the inside of the tent barking out, then on the outside of the tent barking in.

11. [Edited to include] I forgot to mention SEO. We're making a concerted effort to improve SEO for the website. That means changes in the number of articles and changes to the formatting of said articles. And changes to how social media is handled.

If you're interested in working with me, please send me a private message. Because, you know what? I'm not going anywhere. And for each of these comments about not being pleased, I've received twice as many privately thanking me for improving what is going up on the articles page. Just so you know.

Merry Christmas to all.

If there are any grammatical or punctuation errors on this page--well, I'm in a hurry.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back